“Galyn's Bar Harbor, Lunch Aug 23, 2014”
Review of Galyn's

Galyn's
Ranked #12 of 144 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Galyn's Bar Harbor, Lunch Aug 23, 2014”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I looked at the menu of several downtown places in Bar Harbor for lunch. Galyn's was appealing but I had a lot to choose from. In the end, it was quiet when I went in and was able to sit out on the poarch overlooking lower Main St and the harbor. Service was attentive and friendly. I ordered a cup of the lobster bisque. It was quite good, but not the best I had in Bar Harbor. A TripAdvisor review reccomended the lobster enchilada. I was sceptical but the waiter assured me it was a top seller. I was not dissapointed. The enchiladas were a whole new twist of flavor for the standard Maine lobster. Lobster flavor with a hint of spice and lime. Very very good. It was served over multi grain wild rice and broccoli. Galyn's delivered for certain. Good service, excellent lunch entre (at a reasonable price) and nice view. The poarch sits up about five feet from the curb so you have a good view of the park, harbor and lower Main. I would certainly dine there again.

• Visited August 2014

Chicago
“Blueberry Apple Crisp”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stopped into Galyn's because a local told me they had a fabulous dessert --- a blueberry/apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. I ordered the dessert and coffee. The bill was $11 and change. The dessert was okay ... but the coffee was terrific! The view of the Harbor was delightful. My waitress was A+.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Coffeecup1390
Orland, Maine
“The Bouchard Wedding party”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

My son and his fiance got married tonight on the boardwalk next to the harbor in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine this evening. After the ceremony we had reservations for 7 at Galyn's. We were greeted like celebrities. We had a huge room upstairs to ourselves for most of the evening. The food was fantastic and so was the service. It was a wonderful fine dining experience after a very special day. Thank you to the staff and owners of Galyn's. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.

New Castle, Delaware
“late lunch”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Friendly professional service.
After having lobstah for previous 3 days I wanted a burger. I was not disappointed, it turned out to be one of the best I have had. It was cooked to perfection, piled high with toppings and served on a French bun.

Visited August 2014
New Milford, Connecticut
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Lovely restaurant and very accommodating. They were able to squeeze us in when they were super busy. The staff was gracious and knowledgable. They had a nice selection of gluten free and were designated on the menu. They even had GF desserts. The meal was very good. Would definitely return.

Visited August 2014