“Great Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful View over the Harbor and great food and drink! Very classy and a great place for a nice quiet dinner for couples and family.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Patrick M

Waynesville, Missouri, United States
“Great happy hour and appetizer!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped into Galyn's for their happy hour. Good prices (for Happy Hour). I first tried their blueberry ale and was not impressed, then I had one of their special drinks - Steven's blueberry lemonade (or something like that). It was very good - I had more than one. Steven was our bartender (although he let us know the drink was not named for him). He was very attentive. We had the crab stuffed mushrooms to share as an appetizer and they were the best stuffed mushrooms I have ever encountered. We didn't eat dinner here only because we already had plans to go somewhere else and their prices seemed a little high for dinners.

• Visited August 2013
West Chester, PA
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for lunch based on a recommendation from a friend. We both started our meal with a cup of clam chowder. I was disappointed because it was warm (not hot) and extremely thick with not much taste. It was a cool foggy day so I had really been looking forward to a hot cup of delicious soup. Unfortunately, that was not what we got.

The main meal was better though. I had the lobster biscuits (from the appetizer menu) and my husband had the hot lobster roll. My biscuits were 2 puffed pastries served with chunks of lobster in a lobster creme sauce. Very rich, but delicious. The lobster roll had huge chunks of lobster and had been warmed in the the lobster creme sauce. My husband's only complaint was that it was a bit small.

Our waitress Alicia was fantastic. She was very attentive and super pleasant.

I'm sure the view from the upstairs is spectacular on a clear day, however, we had the misfortune to be completely fogged in. So overall, great view, decent food, and excellent service.

• Visited August 2013
California
“Good combination of location and food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If visiting Bar Harbor then it is nice to be able to enjoy a good meal and pleasing view at the same time.
About half the second floor seating allows views across Frenchman's Bay and a small local park. It is not outdoors but very pleasant.
The usual seafood dishes are available and capably prepared.
The daily specials, which are available for early diners, are a good deal for the money and well conceived. They come with a small and tasty salad. Sirloin tips were featured one night and I would not have considered it except that another patron already had some on his plate.
It looked very good, I took a chance and was not disappointed.
Service was attentive.
The location makes it easy to walk around before or after your meal.
Dessert looked good but I was never interested after the meal even without an appetizer.

• Visited July 2013
East Coast
“Great food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We sat on the front porch overlooking the water. Great people watching too since you are up over the sidewalk. The fish sandwich was the best I had in BH. Since I'm allergic to shellfish that is pretty much my staple up here. The fish was fat and flakey and their sauce and bread really made it over the top.

Visited August 2013