“Last but not least”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was the last restaurant tried before heading back home. We will certainly come back to Galyn's. The view of the bay is at your table, the service friendly, and the food exquisite. When you order hot tea, your choices are many. I will remember this lobster meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I sometimesa alone sometimes with friends have been coming here fordinner for more years than id like to say. Whenever im in Bar Harbor for a weekend or just a quick trip We will always go there for dinner! We just lovethe food, service and overall experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went to eat at Galyns as it was reccommended by some locals and the food was very good and the service was great. We got a window seat and was able to look out at the harbor while we ate. We each got the lobster dinner and everything was nicely prepared and presented very nice and very good. This is a place where you could spend a special occasion.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate at Galyns during our trip to Bar Harbor in Sept 2012-even though a bit windy at the time we braved the balcony tables and gained an excellent waterfront view and the chance to people watch on Main Street.

Quite a classy looking restaurant and certainly an impressive building.

Food was of good quality- we shared the Crab Cake appetiser and then had the Seafood Linguini and the Pasta Galyn- both were incredibly tasty and good value for money.

Opens at 4pm for dinner and was pretty busy later on- therefore recommend getting there early.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I want to start by apologizing to the folks at Galyn's because I always avoided it in the past. Turns out I had the reviews confused with Geddy's (a tourist trap) which is pretty much next door to them. Easy confusion to make on the name, but a world of difference in restaurants. This is the kind of restaurant you always look for when you travel, but get mostly near misses. From the moment I walked in the door, it felt homey. The food was excellent, the service attentive, and the staff beyond friendly. Instead of one big noisy restaurant, this place is typical old New England with cozy smaller rooms and a Cheers-like eat-in bar area with the affable bartender. They seemed to know when to make conversation and when to leave us be. I would sell my soul for the apple pie crust recipe; It's that good. Unfortunately, they are closed til next spring, but worth waiting for.

1  Thank Yoriyee