“Good restaurant handy for the waterfront”
Review of Galyn's

Galyn's
Ranked #12 of 150 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate at Galyns during our trip to Bar Harbor in Sept 2012-even though a bit windy at the time we braved the balcony tables and gained an excellent waterfront view and the chance to people watch on Main Street.

Quite a classy looking restaurant and certainly an impressive building.

Food was of good quality- we shared the Crab Cake appetiser and then had the Seafood Linguini and the Pasta Galyn- both were incredibly tasty and good value for money.

Opens at 4pm for dinner and was pretty busy later on- therefore recommend getting there early.

Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Galyn's

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I want to start by apologizing to the folks at Galyn's because I always avoided it in the past. Turns out I had the reviews confused with Geddy's (a tourist trap) which is pretty much next door to them. Easy confusion to make on the name, but a world of difference in restaurants. This is the kind of restaurant you always look for when you travel, but get mostly near misses. From the moment I walked in the door, it felt homey. The food was excellent, the service attentive, and the staff beyond friendly. Instead of one big noisy restaurant, this place is typical old New England with cozy smaller rooms and a Cheers-like eat-in bar area with the affable bartender. They seemed to know when to make conversation and when to leave us be. I would sell my soul for the apple pie crust recipe; It's that good. Unfortunately, they are closed til next spring, but worth waiting for.

1  Thank Yoriyee
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Love the whole lobster and the Lobster Bisque is to die for. I've only had that high quality soup at one other restaurant and that was in Western PA. The waitress was so wonderful as well. She taught my husband and I how to properly eat a lobster. I would deff go again if we are ever in Maine again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Had Thanksgiving dinner at Galyn's and had a wonderful meal. Everything tasted like home cooking, with huge portions. Finished off the meal with great desserts, highly recommend the chocolate mousse, it was incredible!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Spent Thanksgiving in Maine and with limited options for dinner, dined at Galyn's. We passed on the tradional Thanksgiving meal and opted for the regular menu, which did not disappoint. Steamers and focaccia paired well as starters, and we both had surf and turf for dinner. The prime rib was like butter, the filet perfect, and the lobster coun't has been better. Our server was attentive and sweet despite being slammed, the place was packed for the holiday. A Happy Thanksgiving at Galyn's.

1  Thank Hotelie06897