“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked a reservation here after reading reviews on line and hearing about it from other local tourists. The atmosphere of eating in your own home was nice and the location on Main St. near our hotel was convenient. Service was good and the food was decent - my husband had the prime rib dinner (a little bland by most standards) and I had the seafood linguine, good but again a little bland. The house salad dressing suggested by our waiter was fantastic and I wish I had ordered a larger salad. Good choice to add to your dining experience in Bar Harbor.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been to ME twice now - the first time around we the crab cakes n the lobster so much we had both lunch and dinner there. This time I was there in Oct 2012 and the food was so great. They even customized the menu for us. You must have the crab cakes n the Maine lobster!!! Can't get any fresher than this...

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Came to Bar Harbor in the fall when most restaurants were closed for the season. Eventhough we try to go to the highest rated places on tripadvisor, most were closed, so we chose this restaurant close to the water. To our surprise, the ambience was charming, the decor was elegant, the paintings were beautiful and the seafood was superb with well-executed dishes. Our waitress, Robyn, was very hospitable and cheerful despite our kids' increased activity. Absolutely loved it and will certainly be back.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went to Galyn's on a recommendation from our hotel on our first night in Bar Harbor. They got us a reservation right away and we were seated immediately upstairs. I had the lobster linguni and my husband had prime rib. Both were extremely chewy (overcooked.) We probably should have complained but we had been traveling all day and just were too tired. The service was good but this was the most expensive meal we had over the 3 days we were in Bar Harbor.
Don't waste your money.

1  Thank travellover13
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed lunch at Galyn's which was recommended to us by the reception staff at our Bayview Inn Hotel.

We enjoyed a pleasant lunch here which was fairly priced, arrived in short order from a pleasant waitress.

It is right on main street up from the port and will please you also.