“You Go for the Atmosphere”
Review of Route 66

Route 66
Ranked #52 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Route 66 Restaurant offers one of the largest menus in Bar Harbor. Stop in for lunch and try one of our signature Cadillac Burger's or get your fill of Fresh Maine Lobster with our Lobster Trap, a traditional Fresh Maine Lobster Roll served with a cup of Maine Lobster Bisque.Our Dinner menu offers something for everyone from Burger's and Salads to Hand Cut Steaks, Homemade Slow Roasted BBQ Ribs to a Fresh Maine Seafood Pasta. We also offer a bar area with nine-draft lines specializing in locally brewed beer. For your sweet tooth try one of our famous 50's style Milkshakes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Greeted and seated quickly. The waitress took out order and was very pleasant thanking us for the visit. Ordered the Cuban...not quit like the Florida style. The ingratiates were plentiful and fresh. The pickles were cubed vs. the usual sliced. The Turkey sandwich was also plentiful with the cranberry/mayo spread very well prepared, my wife ordered an extra serving it was that good. Hand cut fries were crisp and prepared perfectly.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food is excellent. I had Seafood Pie which was excellent. This place is great for families with small children because there is so much to see. It will keep your little one occupied.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

On a very crowded evening, most restaurants were packed so we ended up here. Not being crowded at all should have told us something about what was to come. It is like dining in a flea market in a church. Service was interesting and actually unappealing as the waitress was in need if a dentist's expertise. We were squeezed into a booth for two with high divider so the view was limited while 50's music blared in the background. A very lackluster hamburger and fries was not the fine dining on an outside deck I had envisioned in this beautiful town not often visited. Better choices next time.

acadia98, Owner at Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the appearance of our staff as well as your service in general. While we cannot go back and fix your situation, I would like to mention that we do not discriminate based on appearance when we hire our staff. We are a 50's themed restaurant, and simply are not a waterfront fine dining establishment. Bar Harbor is a great place to visit because of the numerous different styles of restaurants in the area and perhaps the atmosphere was not what you were seeking out to begin with.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I ordered lobster bisque and it was delicious. I also had nachos and they were also good. The prices were OK. Nothing in this area is inexpensive. I loved all the antiques and decorations inside. A person could spend a long time looking at everything. It was a cozy, fun and interesting place to eat. I would go back if I’m ever in the area again.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Although it is an interesting place if you enjoy looking at odds and ends and stuff, the food is not too good. The waitress was really busy and barely had two seconds to talk to us. The food took a little bit of extra time to get to us and we ordered before noon. My husband got a burger which he said was barely average and I got the chicken sandwich which was average at best. We asked for the fries to be well done and they weren't even close! Overall, don't bother.