“AWESOME Breakfast and Gluten-Free that cannot be missed!!”
Review of Lazy Lobster - CLOSED

Lazy Lobster
Cuisines: American
Maine
“AWESOME Breakfast and Gluten-Free that cannot be missed!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast here is an absolute treat! They have homemade gluten free pancakes that are delightful and the amount of blueberries in them is amazing! Add to that the gluten free toast and you will be in heaven! Then, as if that wasn't enough, their coffee was worth a third cup and a few extra minutes to enjoy it. Don't miss this place!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Simple, easy lunch-to-go”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Lazy Lobster offers great portable lunches for people on-the-go such as paninis and wraps. The vegetables are very fresh and everything seems homemade. The staff is very friendly as well. It is a great place to grab a bite to eat quick and walk around town or just ask for it to go and take it while you hike in Acadia or go to the beach!

• Visited July 2014
Brooksville, Florida, United States
“Maybe not the lobster?”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

These were some of the nicest people we had help us in Maine, but we rate on food, don't we?

It was ok. We thought more of it while eating, but that's why I gave myself a week to write this brief review. After time to sample fare elsewhere, the lobster here wasn't as fresh. I understand that they aren't keeping tanks in this deli, but that IS what's available in the area. My son's pizza looked so-so, though he ate the whole thing without complaint and the owner did mention that they made the sauce from scratch. I think it would have benefited from some browning of the top.

We were here in the middle of June and they had just raised the prices. Perhaps a better job of re-writing the numbers would have made me not feel a bit shafted for paying $24 for a pre picked lobster.

Anyway, don't take this as a discouragement not to go. On the other hand, go, but maybe look at things other than lobster here.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karl L
newenglandroadie, Owner at Lazy Lobster, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
First, I would like to thank you for trying us and for the kind words about us. We're sorry that you felt that you didn't get a good value for your money.

I would like to explain our lobster pricing. Lobster prices are at their highest during the early part of the season and gradually decrease as June progresses. Contrary to what you wrote in your review, our lobster prices have come down in the last two weeks, and are the most competitive in town. The only places in town with lower prices are serving smaller portions or, are using frozen claw and knuckle meat. (Beware of lobster rolls with just claw meat) I buy crates of live lobsters from a local fisherman, and we are picking meat just about every day. We do charge $23.95 for a lazy lobster, but it has nearly a half pound of fresh picked meat, which retails for around $45.00 a pound. By picking the meat ourselves, we save money and pass it along to our customers.

I hope this sheds some light on what you paid for and I want you to know that I appreciate your business. Thank you for trying the Lazy Lobster.
Waldoboro, Maine
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent a few days in Bar Harbor this week and ate breakfast here every day. The food was delicious and in very generous portions. The hash is homemade and I had to have it every single day. So good!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jennlrich
“Easy lobster dinner.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Have gotten take out lobster the last two years on vacation in Bar Harbor . Probably five to six times. Like being able to call in and then pick it up. Reasonable prices and good sides as well. I will be ordering from them again this year.

• Visited August 2013