“Healing for Hiking!”

Eden Therapeutic Massage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get a massage from Heidi O'Connor LMT a qualified and excellent massage therapist. Enjoy a deep tissue massage after taking advantage of the hiking and biking in Acadia or just a light relaxation massage to de-stress and further enjoy your vacation. Located on Cottage St. In the center of beautiful downtown Bar Harbor.
Lebanon, PA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Healing for Hiking!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I were in desperate need of massages, after a 12-hour car ride followed by two days of strenuous hiking. Sore legs, sore lower backs, tension in shoulders. I googled massages and found Eden and it really is "paradise"! I at first tried to get into the first location that popped up - Massage Bar Harbor - but they were full for the week. I then saw Heidi's business advertised at the same address. I left her a voicemail and was pleasantly surprised that she returned my call later that evening with appointment times for the next day (which was our last day in Bar Harbor)

An unassuming location upstairs around the back of a building housing a Radio Shack, do not judge a book by its cover, because once you get inside and close your eyes, you might as well be in heaven. I get a massage every two weeks at home by the same therapist for 9 years - so I am very picky about massages. I was pleased by all of the positive reviews, and I must say they are all well-deserved. My stress and sore muscles just melted away and at the end of the hour I was a new person. My husband then went in for a massage after me - I was very impressed to hear that Heidi knew he was dehydrated (I had been telling him to drink more water all week!) He is even pickier than I am and he declared it the BEST massage he has ever had - EVER. We are ready for our road trip back home :)

Heidi found my "spots" immediately and really worked my muscles into a state of release. Heidi and I chatted about all things Bar Harbor, she is just a delight to talk to, and even more important, incredibly talented. After speaking with her I left there feeling like I had known her for years. She spoke very highly of her fellow massage therapists and that impressed me as well. You can tell she has a passion for what she does, and she is just amazing at restoring health & healing to your body! Great personality and great talent for what she does. Too bad I don't live closer! A must-do if you are looking for a great massage after the activities on the Island! I will call ahead next time I plan a trip.

Visited August 2013
HMTO, Owner at Eden Therapeutic Massage, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
It was so good to meet you both. I hope you come back for sure and we can talk again. I was glad to have been able to help. I hope you both take good care of yourselves and I will see you the next time you come back to our magical island!
~heidi

Seal Harbor, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“TOTALLY A FANTASTIC MASSAGE!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Heidi has a great personality and energy for giving Massages. Without me even telling her of all my points I wanted her to target she found them easily and work perfectly to remove those tension areas. I totally relaxed with her perfect pressure. Totally an amazing experience of getting my body back in sync. Certainly one of the BEST massages I have ever had and I have been all around the country and gotten massages. She is also a wonderful person and a magnetic personality that anyone would get along with. THANK YOU HEIDI for healing my body tension in times of stress........... .!!!

Visited August 2013
Glad to have you come back again. Thank you Heather!
~heidi
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Massage heaven!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wonderful and repeated massage therapy by Heidi, owner of Eden Therapeutice. We have many fantasic therapists here on MDI; I'm pleased to say she is one of the best!! After nerve entrapment, herniated disks in my neck, and painful and limiting tight muscles and spasms, each visit has been a grateful relief of discomfort and increased movement and rest. I will return!!

Visited August 2013
“Everything you expect!! And more”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was a rainy day and all plans had to be adjusted....I called around for a massage and Heidi called right back.....she fit me in and she was great!! Easy to talk to and I wish I could get one from her every month but I live in Maryland....

Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Massage!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Last month my husband and I took a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine. My one goal on our vacation was to get a massage. I called every place I could find in the area. I was so glad I found Heidi at Eden Therapeutic Massage. She was wonderful and the massage was excellent. Not to mention it was about half the price of other places I had found. It was a great experience.

Visited May 2013