West Street Hotel
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$104
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$89
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$139
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$110
Quimby House Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$90
$139
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$500
Travelocity
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
Orbitz.com
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsrooftop poolbar harbor clubnautical themebottled watercookiesirish pubfree laundryresort feeguest pantryhot chocolatesister hotelin townkeurig machinewest stfresh fruitview roomgreat amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights (June 16-18) with my husband and our 17 month old daughter. This was our first trip to Bar Harbor. We really lucked out with beautiful weather and had a great trip. My husband booked this hotel based on the location and amenities. Both exceeded our expectations. We walked everywhere in town and really enjoyed being close to the water front and park. We enjoyed the pool at the Harbor Club and my husband used the exercise facilities while we were there. The room was very spacious and the balcony was an added bonus. The entire hotel was very clean and top notch. The staff was also helpful, even allowing us to check in 5 hours early. It was definitely a splurge for us to stay here-- costing us close to $1,000 for the 3 nights but for us it was a treat.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy Y
Reviewed June 19, 2014

While shopping on line for a pet friendly hotel in Bar Harbor we found The West Street Hotel. Pet friendly or not, this hotel was one of the nicest hotels what we have ever stayed in anywhere. It is fabulous. We stayed two nights and were wowed. BTW - the weather in Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park was very disappointing (May 19th and 20th, 2014), but returning to the hotel with the nice wood fire burning in the lobby fireplace definitely lifted our spirits. It was too cold to try out the rooftop pool but the pool area showed great promise if the sun ever shines in Bar Harbor. Our room, which exceeded our wildest expectations, had a covered balcony with a great view of Bar Harbor. Did we mention that the hotel staff is great - very friendly and helpful... If there is any drawback to this hotel it would be the price but in we felt that we got our money's worth, even though the weather did not cooperate.

Bill, Linda and Neemo (small dog)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

All I can say is what a great experience! This hotel was on my radar for our trip to Maine. Since we were driving the coast we didn't have exact dates but general time frame in which we would visit. At the last minute I found a great deal on a suite at this hotel, for June. I ended up saving $100.00 a night on a suite which basically equaled 2 rooms connected by a hall. The rate was actually cheaper than any other rates I had seen offered. The rooms were so clean and comfortable, beds amazing and even though we elected to go with non view room we still had a balcony (2 actually). Amazingly, I could still see the harbor; however, even without a view the balcony non view room is still nice. We didn't get to use the Bar Harbor Club, nor did I get a chance to visit the top floor adult pool, but we thoroughly enjoyed the "pantry" and convenience of not only the pantry but of the location. First, the pantry is an area on each floor where the hotel makes available bottled water, ice (individually packed), Keurig commercial coffee maker (with plenty of options for everyone including kids - hot chocolate), cookies in the evening, and fruit throughout the day. All free and get it as you want/need it. What a great concept with cleanliness and sanitary being a key component. The location is perfect. Walk out of the hotel and across the street is access to trolley, boat tours, etc. other side are shops, restaurants, etc. You can walk everywhere so plan to park your car and enjoy. We were checked in by a gentleman by the name of Charles. The best part was that he overheard us talking about wanting to take a boat tour. He immediately presented us with 4 vouchers (one for each of us) which saved us $15.00 a person/$60.00 total. The voucher was good for any of the tours offered by Bar Harbor Whale Watch company. (Review also provided on Bar Harbor WWC - fantastic). What an amazing time. We actually extended our trip by a night because we enjoyed the accommodations so much with the price being so was amazing! Awesome hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank WSH1964
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great hotel to stay at in Bar Harbor. It's in a great location within walking distance to everything. The hotel is bright and clean and charming. Our room was extremely large with two balconies and great views! The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was very nice and spacious. Attention to every detail - there was a beverage area on our floor offering coffees, teas and waters. Really great find and a wonderful place to enjoy the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Santucci1
chris torrey t, General Manager at West Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Santucci1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the West Street Hotel. As you discovered, there is plenty to do at the resort and in the surrounding area. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us!

With Warm Hospitality,

Chris Torrey

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This pet-friendly, nautical-themed hotel was beautiful. Upon entering they have a roaring fire going in the lobby fireplace. Customer service was great during check-in and check-out. Each floor has what the hotel calls a "pantry", which offers free water, various coffees and teas, fruits in the am and cookies (hard ones, but good effort) in the pm, and bags of ice in freezer drawers. They also had board games in the other drawers (loved that idea!) and dogs treats if your brought yours. This is one of the amenities that I feel really take this hotel from 3 or 4 star to a 5 star hotel. Each room was equipped with an empty fridge which you could fill with your own items (my preference to a fridge filled with expensive items I won't use). Another one of the great amenities is that they have a heated roof-top infinity pool and lounge area. GORGEOUS! The view is spectacular. We had a bay view room which I thought was better then the ocean view room.

While my review is positive and I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends I do want to highlight two important points:
1. When my husband booked the hotel he requested that we have the 'claw foot tub'. Once we arrived we were told we couldn't have the tub because those were only reserved for ocean view rooms. My only problem with this was that one: they didn't tell us this when we made our reservation (and then I wouldn't have looked forward to it) and two: the tub should not have been an option when you book a bay view room if it's not even possible.

2. This hotel is pet-friendly. However, we had to leave our dog with a family friend because this hotel will not accept dogs over 25lbs. I understand having rules about bringing pets into the pet-friendly hotel. But, my Golden Retriever is more well-behaved and QUIET then the little 'yappy' dogs that they do allow. This rule insulted me and truly had me thinking about whether or not I would visit again.

However, the two problem items that I mentioned do not out-weigh the good and I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
chris torrey t, Manager at West Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Erin P

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review full of excellent tips, feedback, and interesting information about your stay with us. I am sure your insight will be helpful to other professional and leisure travelers considering staying with us.

Especially nice was reading about how much you enjoyed travelling with your dog. My family also has a dog and I agree that it can make time away even more enjoyable to travel together. This something we need to review, and as a team we will do, so future travelers such as yourself can have an even better experience.

Our genuinely friendly staff strives every day to offer the top notch service you experienced. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay.

With Warm Hospitality,