“Make this trip!”
Review of Bar Island Trails

Bar Island Trails
Ranked #22 of 71 things to do in Bar Harbor
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was a relatively easy hike up to a spot on Bar Island with a beautiful view of Bar Harbor. I was very upset that I hadn't brought my camera. I was able to do this hike in flip flops but I wouldn't recommend it! The trails can be kind of confusing because of some make-shift markings for shortcuts. The shortcuts did seem to make the trip easier though.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I love this island and the trails. There were a lot of people but after entering the island we were soon alone to walk by ourselves and take in the great views.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If there's snow (ha ha) it's great (there's not always snow on Mt. Desert)....but I had a 6.5 miles solo trek and only met two other people.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

if you like to walk this is a nice walk, in the fall it is great to see all the color. you can also see the wildlife in the area and if you like bird watch that is also good

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Recommend walking across the sand bar to Bar Harbor Island at low tide. Beware though the tide comes in fast so you have a 2 hour window. It's interesting to see the changes as the tide comes in. The island itself has a short trail through the trees to a summit view point overlooking Bar Harbor.

1  Thank mswsteve