“Great Tour”

Bar Harbor Coastal Cab & Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bar Harbor Coastal Cab & Tours specializes in custom taxi tours of Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor. Our tour guides provide you with a history of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park. Our goal is to provide visitors to Acadia an alternative to the "Big Bus Tours." Explore the island with us at your own pace. Go where you want and hear the amazing story of Mount Desert Island!
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently had Craig Wood (“Woody”), from Bar Harbor Coastal Cab & Tours, as our guide for a half-day tour. We booked his tour for our cruise ship stop in Bar Harbor. Woody knew the history and geography of the area and quickly identified the scenic viewpoints and locations for photo opportunities. He was extremely accommodating if we wanted to stop and linger or drive past places we were not interested in. He was very familiar with “off the beaten path” locations and knew how and when to avoid the tourist buses. Despite doing this particular tour itinerary numerous times throughout the season, he joined us in our enthusiasm about what we were seeing. We truly enjoyed touring with him and were sorry to have our tour come to an end. We would highly recommend his touring services to others.

1  Thank SuciTraveller

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Bar Harbor on a cruise. After speaking with Woody on the phone, I booked a tour with Jeff. He was fantastic!!!! When we got off of the tender, he was waiting for us. He is very knowledgable about the area and totally adjusted the trip to our interests. It was a wonderful excursion and I highly recommend using Bar Harbor Coastal Cab and Tours if you are in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked an independent excursion for four people to tour the Bar Harbor area with Woody. I e-mailed and spoke to Woody several times before our date. Unfortunately, the weather was terrible the day our cruise ship was to be in Bar Harbor. Because we had to tender in, the cruise ship cancelled our stop at Bar Harbor. I called Woody as soon as the Captain announced the cancellation. Woody was very understanding and totally refunded our tour. He did not have to do that. You take a chance when you book an independent excursion. Woody was apologetic and genuinely concerned for us. I hope to visit Bar Harbor in the next few years and I will make sure I book with Woody. Thank you, Woody for your kindness.

3  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked the Acadia tour with Woody for our scheduled stop in Bar Harbor while on a cruise and were not dissapointed. They picked us up right on time (2 vans since we were a group of 12) and off we went to Acadia. It was a rainy morning but we made a few stops so those that wanted to brave the rain could wander around. We had a great time and feel like we saw alot in our limited time in Bar Harbor. Thanks for a great tour Woody and Jeff.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was glad to have booked this service so far in advance of our tour as we felt that we did get the best of our day in Bar Harbor as a result of the great tour offered by Jeff from Woody's Bar Harbor Coastal cab and Tours. Jeff took us to the park and surrounding areas, even allowing me to stop and look for sea glass on the beach. Certainly having a private tour is what makes a fun day in a beautiful port even better. Jeff also made a great suggestion for lunch ad we ended up our day there. altogether an excellent experience.