“Upscale Irish "pub"”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Salem, Virginia
“Upscale Irish "pub"”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Weird title, I know, but to call this place a "pub" isn't fair. Amazing upscale decor and atmosphere with friendly and attentive staff. Our server (Keith) was attentive and fairly prompt. Drinks and dishes were delivered timely and tasted very good. Roasted rosemary almonds were surprisingly good. Salmon and rack of pork were excellent; cooked perfectly, with good presentation, and a good combination of flavors and textures. Two mixed drinks, one appetizer, two entrees, and tip cost about $100 which we felt was a little higher than average but well worth it. Recommend without hesitation.

1 Thank ZSJPharmD

Chicago, Illinois
“Not bad, went twice”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant sits below the West Street Hotel and has a very attractive interior and exterior. The service we received on our first visit was top notch and our second visit was just o.k. The Coastal Maine Lobster Salad was pretty good as was the Wexford Fish Sandwich. The prices are competitive to the other restaurants, but with a better atmosphere.

Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“Disgusting food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Paddy's was recommended to us by the hotel where we were staying. It is the hotels restaurant. ., so it is understandable. We had a very friendly waiter and the menu looked good, but I started to have doubts when my blueberry martini tasted like lifeless ribena... My husband ordered a lobster dish and did indeed only eat the (not even warm) lobster and left the inedible rest. The mussels were just too plain and cold to eat and the sweetcorn was disgusting. I ordered battered fish and chips. To my shock with a first taste I realised the fish was cooked from frozen and it was full of tasteless water. I hardly ate any and we complained. The waiter had to check with his manager and we didn't pay for my meal, but the experience left a far worse memories of our first dinner in Bar Harbour. We spoke to few people since and it is well known that the food is terrible there. Please don't risk it and stay away.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful and delicious!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved the warm dark colored decor and the beautiful lighting of the place. It is the most upscale Irish pub that I have ever been in. The food was amazing as well. I was hoping to find shepherds pie or bangers and mash on the menu but was more than satisfied with what they actually offered. I had the rotisserie rack of pork with cherry Granny Smith apple compote and roasted parsnips and kale. It was the most moist and flavorful pork I had ever had. Amazing. My husband had the salmon with whiskey glaze with vegetables on the side and it was also excellent though the center was slightly underdone for his taste it was likely perfect for mine. The mixed drinks were a bit light but delicious as well. We had a mojito and a Caribbean kilt. Yumm! The price was a little high, but appropriate to the dishes served.

Ocoee, Florida
“Delicious with views”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We loved this restaurant so much that we ate there twice during our 3 day stay in Bar Harbor. The service, food, and drinks were superb! The French Onion soup and Lobster Bisque were a real treat. I had the FOS both times! YUM! The views look out over the harbor and the surrounding islands. We sat outside both times and loved it. It was a little chilly during the fall evening, but they have heaters in the ceilings over the tables, so we were completely comfortable. We highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013