“It's an Irish pub, dummy!!”

Paddy's Irish Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Should have stuck with corned beef and cabbage or fish and chips. My wife's rack of pork was excellent. I got intrigued by shellfish stew in spicy tomatoe sauce. Mistake!! Non- descript marinara sauce with no spice or herbs. So-so shellfish. Bread pudding for desert was great and service/ atmosphere was nice.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Look don't fool yourself with the idea of fine dining. It was on par with a family restaurant like TGIF or Longhorns. Its a bar pretending to be fine dinning when It should be a Pub being a Pub!!!
It lacked the fun of an Irish pub. This is something you find on every street corner in Boston ONLY exception in Boston its fun and real.

Look the location is good,But the food is bar food pretending to be french bistro food. It would be better to turn it into a Bistro and drop the Irish theme.

I took a seat at the bar to watch the Boston Bruins play in the Stanley cup finals, I felt like I had sinned when I asked to have them turn on the game. The bartender said it was fine dining but since it was the playoffs he would turn it on. after I order NACHOS....fine dinning here folks...
some more people watched the game too.
I guess the idea of having an Irish beer and watching the game wasn't so stupid after all.
I left and took my money somewhere more interesting.

If you want to play dress-up and eat over rated food more power to you. But for me, I like to have fun and this place was lacking.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had the most delightful waitress her name is Christina.She was very pleasant and gave us perfect service.She gave great suggestions and really made our evening wonderful.We enjoyed all of our meals and will definately go back and ask for Christina.

1  Thank moseleysays
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great view. Right by the ocean! Had the lobster bisque it was fantastic, could have had another bowl! and the lobster roll was very tasty. The wings and the burger were great to. Will recommand this restaurant to anyone visiting Bar Harbor!

1  Thank 50sue50
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

While on holiday in Bar Harbor we had dinner here. The meal was first class and we had a table looking over the sea.