We always go to this hotel, and the Atlantic Eyrie Lodge. Both are some of the best hotels in all of Bar Harbor. The Atlantic Oaks has the most beautiful views, in almost every room. I reccomend staying in the main building. The indoor heated pool is amazing, and great for all ages. It has a spot to sit and be blasted with water jets. The hot-tub is wonderful, and big.
The rooms are amazing, with comfortable beds, great, clean rooms, bathrooms, and a wonderful view of the Frenchmen bay. Every morning, we love watching the CAT ferry depart from the bay. The balconys are fantastic, and we love sitting outside in the morning and watching the water.
The lobby is beautiful, and has a great decor. The lounge is great, and breakfests are amazing. The breakfest is a full buffet, with everything you can think of. You can walk down into the dining area with your food, and sit at a table, enjoying the WONDERFULL view of the bay from the giant glass window around, above, and to the sides of the beautiful breakfest area.
If you stay in the warmer months, the outdoor saltwater pool is a great place to spend a few hours. The hotel also has a fitness center overlooking the indoor pool. The suites in the Willows are great too, and is a great destination for older guests. The two lighted tennis courts are a blast, along with the great service of the laundry centers. The rooms are handicap access, golf carts are avalible, it is close to Bar Harbor, and the Acadia Natinial Park. There is free coffee and Hot Coaco, a romantic dock, the free shuttle bus lets you keep your car parked at the hotel while you explore the island. The Oaks also does weddings, meetings, and confrences. It is a great resort for all ages, all familys, all people, and everyone that wants to stay at one of the best resorts in all of Bar Harbor. I reccomend it 100%, and dont see why anyone would say ANYTHING bad about it. The service is fantastic, staff freindly, and grounds and rooms clean. See their website @ ---
This is the best hotel ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine