Very much enjoyed our 7 night stay. Upon 1st glance the kids (12&15) were uncertain of our hotel choice. Bar Harbor is not Orlando. We have stayed @ many upscale, showy, hotels for which you pay a premium. We found the Oceanside to be a very clean, spacious rooms, friendly, service oriented family resort w/ 2 heated pools, hot tub & tennis very close to town & practically across from Acadia. We had a very relaxed & pleasant stay. The queen beds were also very comfy. The hotel is seaside so you can walk direclty to the ocean & our balcony overlooked the ocean. My one suggestion for the updates would be to have darkening blinds on the door to the balcony since sunrise in July is approx 5 am and you don't get closer to sunrise than being right @ the Atlantic. They even have umbrellas for guest to use in case of a shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine