My family and I stayed at The Atlantic Oakes last weekend (July 14-16). The resort is beautiful; The grounds are widespread, adorned with annuals everywhere. (They must spend a fortune on flowers). We spent alot of time walking around the property and stopped at the front desk each time to get complimentary coffee & hot chocolate. The facilities are maintained well and the rooms are clean. The pools (indoor and outdoor) were clean & there were plenty of chairs. The staff is friendly & accommodating.
Our room was located on the 2nd floor w/balcony- We woke up looking at the ocean view each morning. We were struck by how quiet and serene the property was given how many other people were there and the fact that this must be one of their peak seasons.
We caught a comedy show at their conference center on Saturday night-It was excellent! hope they do this again next summer, we would definitely book our vacation around it.
By far, there are two things I loved about staying here. The first is the "Island Explorer" shuttle buses that transport you all over Bar Harbor for free (donations accepted). They stop at a handful of hotels, one of which was ours, thankfully. It runs early a.m. until late evening aprox. every half hour and from what I understand, this is during the summer/peak season only. The buses are clean & seem family oriented/ there were alot of other families using them. It was nice to be able to go to dinner & have a drink or two and to not worry about driving but instead be dropped off at the hotel.
The other part we absolutely loved was the breakfast buffet.
They have a nice variety of food: French toast, waffles, lobster quiche, scrambled eggs, homefries,toast/bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt/granola, pastries and more. NO ONE in my family complained about this meal,we all loved it, there was something for everyone. Although the indoor dining room is not luxurious, if the weather is good, you must sit on the outdoor deck for breakfast. The patio has tables with umbrellas and you eat breakfast looking out over the ocean, there is nothing quite like it.
My entire family enjoyed the weekend, we'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine