I had intended on spending a 3 night weekend in July 2009. I have been to Bar Harbor previously, stayed at their sister hotel "The Bar Harbor Inn". I booked the "Oceanside Spa Package" billed as an all inclusive couples package. It was to include the room for 3 nights, breakfast each day, 2 dinners, 2 spa treatments, a massage and choice of spa pedicure or manicure. Thank God ,I called and asked about the spa package before making the 10 hr drvie up from NYC. Apparently in this all inclusive spa package, only one person out of the couple get a massage! I can just imagine my husband and I fighting over which one of us, do we toss a coin? I spoke to several staff who even agreed the add is deceptive, after 2 days of wrangling over this issue, I decided to call the manager back and cancel and I got the "owner" who answered the phone . I truly didn't even want to go into it again at that point, she was certainly in need of lessons on how to handle an irate caller, because after being told for 2 days by staff they were sorry but the "Inner Keepers" said the website was clear and they weren't going to change it for me, I told her exactly what I thought! She talked down to me, then backed down and tried to offer me what I felt the web site package implied I'd be entitled to, however with that kind of struggle I canceled the reservation and insisted on a full refund. She even had the audacity to spell the word owner when I asked her name and she spelled out her first and last name and added scarcasticly owner and spelled that out too! Not a place I'd want to stay at with that kind of attitude toward a potential customer. One thing, they changed the wording of their website so some other poor sucker won't fall into the trap. As for me, I'm heading south to VA, a more friendly atmosphere, and Bar Harbor will remain just a good memory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine