This room had everything we needed. It had a balcony looking out into the harbor and that is the best part of this room and location. You could see small boats, islands and the ferries going to Nova Scotia. We had 5 people in this room (including 2 teens) so we had a cot and there was plenty of room. There was a mini refrigerator in room which helped with drinks and snacks. The bathroom was good sized and sink was separate from shower so more than one can get ready at a time. Also a closet for luggage. There was a breakfast buffet that was not fancy, but had good food was convenient with indoor or outdoor seating. There was a small bar with outdoor seating for a cocktail! Grounds of property are really nice. A shuttle stops at this hotel and we waited a while for it but it dropped us off on the main street in town. It is about half way between town and Acadia park entrance and we did both so worked out well. The staff was helpful with whatever we asked. Hallways, carpeting etc. could use updating. Not a high end hotel but definately a good deal for the price we paid because of view, amenities and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine