We stayed in the main building where the office/front desk was located. We had 2 queen beds, a small (but new) bathroom, and an amazing view from our balcony (the view is likely the best on the property if you stay in this older building). The room was very clean, spacious, and looked to be recently renovated (new carpets, etc.). We enjoyed the beach, looking for small marine life. The outdoor pool is lovely, but there were no towels left and the staff was slow to replenish them. The indoor pool was a bit dated/dark and even the hot tub was salt-water, which I didn't like.
The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was adequate.
We had a great time. Free local Shuttle to and from town takes awhile to get into town (stops at many area resorts), and I would recommend driving in, instead.
Very convenient location to Acadia and to Bar Harbor village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine