Website portrays hotel in much better condition than it really is. Rooms were old and in need of update. Smelled of mold and mildew; later masked by housekeeping with too much Lysol.
Trash from prior occupants was around beds and nightstands; assumed housekeeping would clean up, but needed to request special service to get it done.
Rooms overlooked the ocean! This would have been great, except the lawn area between the rooms and the ocean was a pet walking area. Hotel should advise guests without pets that they are staying in one of the pet friendlly sections of the hotel. Barking dogs and pet waste were problematic.
Buffet breakfast was on a par with grammar school pancake breakfast offerings; powdered, scrambled eggs, greasy bacon and sausage, average bread offerings. "Diningroom" was at par with a school cafeteria.
Indoor pool and exercise areas were overheated. Too hot to work out and exercise equipment was in disrepair.
Checkout was not pleasant. AAA rate had not been applied and desk attendant was unpleasant as she corrected our bills, with attitude. She didn't bother to ask about our stay.
This hotel was definitely not worth the $184 per night charge. There are many nicer hotels available for comparable or lower prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine