“Good Value, Great View”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Miami, Florida
“Good Value, Great View”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room we had was on the third floor of the original building with fantastic view from the balcony over the water. You have to drive into town 5 minutes but the view is worth it. Very good continental breakfast. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Allan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I had originally made reservations at the holiday inn next door , but after finding this place online and calling I was game to try it. The room was nice, one of the newer rooms in the atlantic buildings. I was however a little unimpressed with the main building which is desperate need of attention, especially the carpet, walls and ceiling leading down stairs to breakfast area. There was, however, work being done outside the days we were there. I was also disappointed in what I would called lack of customer service, let me explain. I'm used to employees speaking to you when they see you or when you walk by, but not here. We always had to initiate greetings and when we had questions about tours, the questions were answers but in a matter of fact way. Very different from what were used to. Will it stop me from coming again, probably so, I love a nice view but friendly service along with it is priceless! The friendliness I encountered on the phone made me change my previous reservation but it wasn't what I encountered in person.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank partners1989
GM_AOH, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I am sorry that our service was not up to the level you expected. Please accept my sincere apology. This is not the standard we set for ourselves or our guest. We take great pride in the service we provide to each customer and to hear from you that we failed is not acceptable. I have reviewed your letter with every member of our guest service team, and we all hope that if you are ever in Bar Harbor again you will give us a 2nd chance.

Again thanks and have a great day.
Florinaópolis
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel structure is fantastic, the atendees are very gentiles. The hotel is inside Acadia National Park and you can also walk to downtown Bar Harbour. Bar Harbour is a small town with good bars and shop stores. Its a family city with a charming athmosfere.

Room Tip: You can stay with 4 people at the corner bedrooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Maine
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Bar Harbor resort area has an endless array of lodging options, something for all tastes and budgets. We agree with the vast majority of reviewer's that this facility will not disappoint. We enjoyed the overall experience here and would definitely return. We have traveled all over the U.S. and Canada and also Asia. One thing is certain...there are no "perfect" places to stay. It's all relative and I am amused at people being nit picky about things that seem so trivial. One has to wonder if their own home could pass such a rigid test. Great location,very clean bedding and linens. Bathroom was practically spotless. I accidently spilled a coffee all over the coffee bar and the employee was so professional dealing with my mishap. Would be nice to have had a bath tub.

Green Features: Good effort to remind us of the importance of being e-friendly.
deltaraider21
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a fine hotel, we had a 2nd floor main building room. A wonderful view, except for a light pole prevented it from being perfect. Paid $189.00, but if you get one of those rest stop coupon books you can stay for $99.00. The breakfast was standard continental fare. Close to the park entrance, and not far to downtown. We have stayed here 3 times in the last 10 years.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view.
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, spacious room. We had a great vieuw on Frenchman Bay from our room/ balcony. Spacious showerroom. Crispy clean bedlinnen. Friendly staff. Breakfast moderate, plastic plates and cutlery are not our style. Taking a cruise ( two hours) on Frenchman Bay is just a few steps from the hotel. We would certainly book this hotel again in future!

• Stayed September 2013
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Loved the waterfront view from the balcony, and have no big complaints, other than that I did find a sweet black pair of women's panties under the one small nook next to the TV. They weren't mine and my hubby was with me the whole time, so I guess the Panty Ghost must've left them... For all I know they could still be there as I write this a few weeks later. :) We only stayed a couple days, and we didn't use the spa, so I can't comment as to how that was, but everything else was fine (and, yes, I would go back again, despite the panties on the floor.).

Green Features: We had no problem with the environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple