As we walked in without a reservation, the front desk clerk, who was already on the phone, acknowledged us by asking if we had a reservation and quoting us a rate. He then switched us over to another clerk who had walked in. This young gentleman (without a name tag) was polite, checked us in professionally, he did not mention our room number as we were asking how to get to our room because there was another couple standing behind us. When we asked about dining facilities, no mention of any restaurants on premises were given. Directions to nearby restaurants were given. We asked about the pub across the street and were told that there were mixed reviews on the place and that we maybe should pick something else. The room itself was very nice and clean. The view standing on the balcony was great, not so great looking down from the balcony though. The exterior of the building does not reflect the interior (interior way nicer). The breakfast nook is great, lots of good food and the seating place is large. So overall, physical appearance, amenities, food and service, we give a note of 4. We would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine