We stayed in the newly renovated building and it was amazing.
Our room 4406 in the Atlantic building.
First of all, the pictures on their website do not do it any justice. The room was beautiful, especially the bathroom.
The view was beautiful from the deck.
A few things to highlight.
All the staff members I was in contact with were very courteous and helpful.
The room was immaculate. There were little touches all around the room that I loved. Cusions on the deck chairs, (on arrival, they were placed inside the room. No rain on them. :) )
Very high shower head in shower. My husband is very tall and this was the first time he has ever had a shower that was actually above his head. :)
Water pressure in the shower was great.
Bed was super comfy and we had plenty of pillows.
Extra pillows and blanket were in closet if we needed them.
Ceiling fan in room in case you wanted to sleep with the door open on a summer night. :)
Free breakfast in the morning was great!
On check out, I realized that there was a room off of the front desk area to sit and talk or play board games (provided by hotel)
This was in the main building, right next to the Atlantic building.
It looked so relaxing with its windows on the harbor. We just had to sit down there for a minute while my husband looked up some things on the computer (provided by hotel).
Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel. The website just does not show the true beauty of it.
Also, there is a playground out front for the kids (didnt realize this till we were leaving)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine