“"Pleasant Experience for family and dog"”

Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel for three nights and were pleased from the moment we checked in !! The front desk greeted us in a friendly and accomodating way - even had a bag of dog biscuits for our dog ! The room was clean and the views were spectacular !! The breakfast buffet was well stocked with plenty of fresh fruit and great selections. Outdoor pool was enjoyed by all after a day of outdoor activities. The free bus shuttle that picks you in the front parking lot is a pleasure. Had a fun time in Acadia and enjoyed the hotel!!

Room Tip: The dog friendly location was great for your pet and provided a beautiful view !!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2012

check in was 3 well after driving 9 hrs from PEI canada we were tired & my 2 sons 12 & 11 wanted out of the car & into the room, well at 5 oclock I really went crazy, they said they were booked the night before & for that night LIE I heard them taking rooms for that night (saturday) They said the house keeping manager had to check the room for A ok, well get more staff because,saying the room was still being cleaned at 4:00 was bull S I went down to look because I booked the new rooms ground level, & there was no Maid there!! They offered me A upgrade to a old part of the hotel NOT I wanted my new room, finally at 5 got in, & yes the room was GREAT NEW, CLEAN !! they did offer a nice Breakfast in the morning I'll give them that, & the Boys loved to go right out our sliding door to swim in the nice beach area right in front of our unit, they bus came to the hotel to take you into Bar Harbor very nice service!! The pool was really nice Too !!

Room Tip: Get the new rooms right acrossed from the beach area, ground level is the best!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NJ-sunshine3
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights this past weekend. We had our dog with us so obviously we stayed in an area designated for those who go on vacation with their pets. I have nothing positive to say about this property from my experience with the front desk, to the room and the free breakfast. If you must come to Bar Harbor to visit the Acadia National Park do not miss the Thunder Hole and breathtaking Cadillac Mountain. Do not take your pet with you so you'll have a lot of hotel choices. For over $200 a night and a $35 pet fee a night you can stay somewhere else where you will be more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank avid_traveler314
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Although the oceanside location and view was delightful, I felt like the location & view is what we 'paid for'... and the rest of the details didn't matter.... kind-of like a restaurant with a view can get away with serving "blah" food. It was the lack of attention to detail that upset me. Upon entering our room, we found unknown items in the freezer, apparently left over from the last guests, and a fridge that wobbled every time I opened the door. It was an easy fix with a wad of tissues, but should I have to fix that? The balcony was a delight, but the spiders I shared it with were unwelcome. Perhaps a broom could have knocked them down during the daily cleaning? The daily buffet breakfast was nothing special either... I could have closed my eyes and been in any budget hotel buffet line, although this is not a budget hotel. The configuration of the toasting station right at the front door made it very difficult to get food and for the whole operation to move smoothly. On checkout day, the instructions left on the door with my bill suggested I could dial "O" to confirm the charges and leave the keys in my room. I attempted to do this but my phone did not work!! I reported this to the front desk at check-out and only got the statement that 'I will let Engineering know right away', no apology and no question as to how the rest of my 'stay' was. I believe this location could be top-rate, but it has to step things up a notch in the 'service' department. Oh, one other thing, if you do decide to stay here and are a AAA member, be sure to ask for the AAA rate at check-in as there is one offered, but no place on the web to enter it, and you have to ask and have your card with you... as I had to present it 'right now' to get the rate... Really??

2  Thank Suzella_11
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Nice hotel......Good location, friendly staff
Not over the top....Nice, clean, great views of the ocean.....
Recommended..Especialy the pool and hot tub.
The location is not right in Bar Harbor but the shuttle bus system that rings the island made it easy to get into downtown Bar Harbor and explore the island.

2  Thank Marc B
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been going to Bar harbor for three years now and always stay here. This was the first year we've stayed in the new building and was even more happy afterwards than normal! Very clean, very nice new building with great views. The balcony is spacious and has a lovely view, it's wonderful in the morning especially. The beds could have been more comfortable, they were hard and bouncy, so that takes some getting used to, but overall the decor was great, the bathrooms were so clean and the breakfast in the morning in the main building was very yummy with lots of options if you choose continental. We will continue to come here year after year, it's a great place. (only negative, actually, is that the outdoor pool closed at 8pm.. it was quite early considering we were out all day and didn't usually get back til then. Front desk offered to keep it open a little longer for us but we wish it was opened til at least 9 like the indoor one!)

Room Tip: The new building is awesome, but the other buildings on the water, top floor corner rooms are the be...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel was nice, a little far from downtown, but they had a free bus shuttle to take you there. Parking and the main street are crazy to drive. Beautiful views, nice pools. They have free internet, but was too far to get.

2  Thank paulnmd