We decided to get the room right close up next to the water. The rooms are spacious, have their own patios with french doors, and very comfy beds. Granted there wasn't solid walls between the patios so you could see your neighbors, but no big deal. The pools and jacuzzi's closed at 9, so we couldn't try them out. It was slightly far away from town, but there is a lovely diner close to the hotel for some yummy breakfast! I didn't have any problems with thin walls, but then again we traveled in September 2010, in the off season. I thought for the price this is an amazing hotel. I would not hesitate to go back here again. The only thing that was stinky was when we got the munchies at 10pm, the vending machines were our only choice unless we wanted to trek into town. But, that can be planned for and food can be bought before hand. Loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine