Basic accommodations, good for budget focused family not interested in frills or quiet. We had been told the hotel was one of the nicest & most romantic in town (I sure hope there are nicer options) with lovely balcony overlooking harbor. Well, the ocean view is limited to a thin beach of rocks and a ferry pier, and the stretch of grass where guests walk their dogs.
Room was spacious, clean and comfortable, with nice fridge and extra sink, and very nice toiletries, good heat and ventilation. Light sleepers should bring sleep mask and ear plugs – the property is VERY well lit, so you cannot leave any curtains open, and the light comes in window on front door (no curtain). No danger of sleeping late, as the morning light intrudes REALLY early, waking the people upstairs who were apparently training for a marathon by running laps in their room. I wish the builders had reallocated the cost of granite sinks to soundproofing between floors. We also heard too many conversations of kids playing, nature tour, and guests taking photos of themselves with the sea.
Parking can be a challenge if you get back late when the hotel is busy. A good choice for a family that is accustomed to noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 12 beautiful acres just one mile from downtown Bar Harbor and the main entrance to Acadia National Park, the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel offers an ocean view from every room. Our brand new Atlantic View building offers everything you would expect from a modern hotel with fantastic views. Close enough to all the action of town, but just far enough away so you can relax. Our new rooms, friendly staff, and seasonal packages are the perfect combination of quality and value. Let us show you how beautiful the Maine coast can be.The AO is proud to announce the Grand Opening of its all new Bistro on Eden, a full service restaurant and bar.And with a great location comes great responsibility. The Bistro on Eden is a warm, lively restaurant and bar where people can be themselves and meet others in a friendly, comfortable setting. Overlooking Frenchman's Bay it offers smashing views and intimate outdoor seating, where every seat faces the Atlantic Ocean. We feature great tasting fresh, seasonal comfort cooking with ingredients that are primarily sourced from local, small scale vendors. Above all you can expect warm, genuine service. That is something upon which we pride ourselves.We are located inside the lobby of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St. Bar Harbor, and Maine 04609. Open Wed. ~ Sat. 5Pm ~ 9pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Oakes Resort
- Atlantic Oakes Hotel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel And Event Center Bar Harbor, Maine