“Good food, good service”

CherrySTONES Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful downtown Bar Harbor, Cherrystones can be found on the corner of Mount Desert and Main Street. Featuring a wide variety of fresh local seafood, hand cut steaks and daily specials. Outdoor seating available on both floors of the restaurant and an outside bar with Happy Hour 4-6pm that is perfect for people watching! Check us out on your next trip to Bar Harbor.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was raining tonight and they seated us in the enclosed outside porch. The canvas roof leaked in a few places, but we were seated under the non-leaking part, and it was actually very pleasant. The lights were dimmed, the heater was on and the rain was drumming on the roof. We had a very friendly waitress and ordered the baked brie appetizer to share. Delicious, with garlic crostini. We both had the prime rib (rare) and it came cooked exactly right. It had a flavorful herb crust and was juicy and tender. I had the lobster mashed potatoes, my friend had the fingerlings, and we both had crisp sugar snap peas. For dessert, we shared a slice of warm blueberry pie, made with Maine blueberries, of course. We both commented that we weren't asked if we wanted it warmed; it just came that way. Which it always should, in my opinion, but usually they ask. Very nice experience and I recommend it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stopped for and I had the stuffed salmon with fingerling potatoes. The salmon was stuffed with cheese and spinach. Delicious!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Awesome food. Service was a little slow but they were busy and maybe a little understaffed. The food made up for the long wait.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The central location of Cherrystones makes it ideal for a person just stopping in Bar Harbour for the day. I had the soup sampler. It was amazing. The carrot soup was good, the Seafood Bisque was totally amazing as was the Seafood Chowder. I had the special of the day, Clams and Fries and was not disappointed there either. I highly recommend Cherrystones for any meal.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a really good lobster carbonara. The waiter was pleasant but mostly absent - they may have been a bit understaffed; it was the between season lull between Labor Day and leaf peepers. The service was nice but a little distracted. There is a large covered outdoor section, plus a large inside DR, plus another section upstairs. My overall impression was that this is a nice place but nothing very special.