We loved our stay at Cleftstone Manor! Everything met our expectations. The breakfasts were delicious and the rooms were comfortable. The commons areas are beautiful. We loved the perfect location; it was right outside of town, taking only a minute to drive downtown. The only issue we had was with the hot water for showers. Several times during a shower, the water would get cold. But it would get hot again immediately, so it wasn't a big deal. Also, the rooms where our party stayed weren't decorated as nicely as other B&Bs we've visited, but we knew what to expect from the online pictures. (The website for this bed & breakfast is also excellent!) Overall, we felt that Cleftstone Manor was a very inviting and charming place and for such a great value!
Anne was extremely helpful. She didn't mind all our questions about restaurants and activities in Acadia. She was eager to offer us great suggestions. Actually, Anne's help and advice was probably the best part of our stay. If we ever return to Bar Harbor, this is where we plan to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleftstone Manor, built in 1884 on "Millionaire's Row", is one of the few Victorian mansions to escape the fire of 1947. The sixteen guestrooms, each have private bath, many have TV, AC, phone, fireplace and whirlpools. The magnificent common rooms are furnished with Victorian antiques and period pieces, creating an atmosphere reminiscent of turn of the century Bar Harbor. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cleftstone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleftstone Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Cleftstone Manor Bar Harbor, Maine