My husband and I stayed four nights at the White Columns Inn, opting for the package including welcoming champagne bottle, dinner for two at one of three restaurants, and a Northeast Harbor sightseeing cruise. It was a fabulous deal. Bob runs the inn, and his wife, Anne, cooks breakfasts (off-site). The rooms are comfortable, very clean, and the breakfasts delicious. Andy, who takes care of the rooms and sets up breakfast, was very helpful. Bob is very hospitable and knowledgeable, and hosts a late afternoon wine and cheese gathering at the inn -- a nice time to wind down and meet your fellow guests. The location is great--an easy walk to downtown Bar Harbor, quick drive to the Cadillac Mountain entrance of Acadia National Park, and the perfect spot for viewing the annual 4th of July parade from the front porch (a genuine small town parade, which we hadn't seen in quite a while). The dinner for 2 was a real value at the lovely Bar Harbor Reading Room, and the sightseeing cruise (at sunset on a perfect evening) was very enjoyable. We'll be sure to stay at the White Columns again when we're next in Bar Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'As contemporary a Victorian bed and breakfast as you can find' - Weekending in New England. Anne's White Columns Inn is located in the Historical Corridor in downtown Bar Harbor and is surrounded with award winning gardens. The ten guestrooms each have private bath, TV and air-conditioning. Upon entering through the columned portico, one is greeted by the Victorian elegance of the foyer and salon. The large enclosed porches provides a peaceful setting for the full served breakfast and afternoon refreshments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Anne's White Columns Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anne`s White Columns Hotel Bar Harbor
- Anne's White Columns Inn Bar Harbor, Maine