We were greeted by friendly and cheerful staff at the front desk who promptly got us checked in and gave us our keys. Our Hillcrest room was clean and neat, the bathroom likewise. True, the decor is from an older era. For example, the bed mattresses are "normal", that is, they're not the more modern foam, form-fitting mattresses that we find difficult to sleep on. And there are "regular" tube TVs, not flat screens. However, when you have such great views such as out the windows of Hillcrest, you do not need television. The room also has a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. They have wi-fi available in the main office along with coffee and chairs, so you can catch up on your email with your laptop. They also have a free computer terminal available as well. We have not been to the adjacent parent hotel so cannot comment, nor have we been in their swimming pool. The grounds of the compound are pretty. The free bus picks up just outside the main office and drops folks off at the main plaza in town using a regular schedule. Some of the things we like about Wonderview is their restaurant for breakfasts. We are early-risers and like the scenic view out the windows in the mornings with the sun rising. We also like the location: we can walk into town, good exercise going and coming back home, or we can take the free bus. If we do drive, then it's a good idea to get into town early to find parking. We especially like the location because we like to jog and walk, so all we have to do is jog out the back of Hillcrest and jog toward the nearby Arcadia National Park with all its roads and carriage trails to walk and jog along. We really love the views of Frenchman's Bay from Wonderview; the views are worth the premium rate. We're going back this summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine