We were a family of three adults and the room was adequate for us. Two double beds, with one of sleeping on the floor on sleeping bags. The hotel charges you $25 for a roll away bed per night.
What we enjoyed most about the hotel were the spacious and quiet surroundings it was set in giving it a resort like feel. You get va beautiful view of Frenchman's bay from the balcony of every room on the hilltop side. It is right on the shuttle route which comes by every 15 minutes that takes downtown. Also walking distance, but crossing the road by the hotel when it is dark can be very difficult. Lot of traffic on the main road.
Free continental breakfast including fresh waffles and lots of fruits. There is the "lookout restaurant" in addition that is attached to the hotel, but except for the view you get from it, I did not see much value in the food here.
On the whole, it was a very good deal for the price. We paid $210+ per night on August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the premiere locations in the area. Only a minute from downtown Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Superb dining: Enjoy the famous, eight sided, glass walled, Looking Glass Restaurant, and enjoy the spectacular panorama that only the Wonder View’s unique location can provide. Comfortable rooms: Most balconies offer views of Frenchman’s Bay and the surrounding islands. Step out to our pool or stroll our beautifully manicured grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wonder View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wonder View Inn And Suites
- Wonder View Hotel Bar Harbor
- Wonder View Inn Bar Harbor, Maine