Wonder View Inn
  • Breakfast included
Highbrook Motel(Bar Harbor)
Edenbrook Motel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Quimby House Inn(Bar Harbor)
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewslooking glass restauranthuge tvwater bowlcontinental breakfastmain officeclose to downtownindoor poolin townbit datedfrenchman's baylarge roomupon checkfree islandprivate balconyisland explorernational parkyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Not the place you go if you're looking for something fancy, but if you're looking for someplace super clean, affordable, comfortable, convenient and with a very friendly staff, this is the place. You don't go to Bar Harbor to spend a lot of time in your room, anyhow. The rooms are definitely outdated, but the beds are comfortable, the room was spacious and very quiet, and much cleaner than most of the fancier hotels I've stayed in. Great views, and we had a little porch with lawn chairs. We didn't try the restaurant. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 24, 2008

My youth group stayed at the Wonder View in early May so that we could volunteer at the Seacoast Mission the next day. The hotel gave us a great rate, and accomodated us every step of the reservations process (and we made lots of changes throughout!) Upon arrival the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us suggestions on where to eat, directions, etc. Upon entering the rooms, my youth were so excited---they were HUGE rooms with big balconies and excellent views (these kids are used to camping and sleeping on church floors and thought this hotel was so luxurious!) The cleanliness was superband the matresses/pillows very comfortable. In the evening when we were out of the rooms, the front desk associates made sure that I got an important message regarding our mission work for the next day. I would definitely stay at the Wonderview again, and loved the fact that it was so youth-friendly!

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed November 14, 2007

This was our 9th year at the Wonder View and once again my wife and I enjoyed our stay. The office personnel are very helpful and extremely friendly. It's always nice to renew our relationships with them. (Howard, Vicky, Mounna and all)

We sign up for the folowing year the day that we depart.

Once again, a pleasent stay at a top rate inn.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed October 10, 2007

This is the first time since the 70's that I have been back to Bar Harbor. It is nothing like I remember it to be, very commercialized. I enjoyed the shops and dinning, although they were somewhat pricey. I will return to the area but I will look at one of the many islands to stay at next time. The wonder view inn was nice, although I was somewhat dissapointed in the advertised ocean view. I would have liked to have seen the ocean from my room, it should be re-written to say that it is very convieniant to the harbor, it was clean, and reasonably priced.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2007

On the return from three weeks in Nova Scotia, booked two nights there. They advertise ocean view balconies- yes, the view is gorgeous, just don't lean on the railing as it's so rotted and shaky! We were in a room which must have last been decorated in the 50's or 60's. The pink velvet chairs were dirty, stained and so threadbare the stuffing was showing. Who knows how long the dog bone we found had been there. The blue tweed rug was also stained and ripped up in the corners-reminded us of those jokes about not wanting to walk around barefoot. The bath had one of those tiny sinks with a glass shelf sticking out over it so when washing your face or brushing your teeth you were always afraid you were going to bang your head.
We were tired one night and decided to try their restaurant as they do have probably the tallest hill in Bar Harbor - even tried dishes we thought they couldn't mess up, they were terrible. When they offer complimentary desserts and you turn them down because you can't bear the torture any more, you know they're bad.
We spent the most for lodging here than anywhere else on our trip and it was by far the worst. I guess it says it all that upon check-out they never asked how everything was.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple