Wonder View Inn
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$175
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$199
Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$143
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$199
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
$219
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
BestWestern.com
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$289
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$209
$179
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
$269
Hotwire.com
All reviewslooking glass restauranthuge tvwater bowlcontinental breakfastmain officeclose to downtownindoor poolin townbit datedfrenchman's baylarge roomupon checkfree islandprivate balconyisland explorernational parkyogurt
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Service was blah when we first arrived. Like annoyed she had to work. Room was old. Old windows. Old pain chilling around bathroom sink. I could hear dogs barking. Nothing that would ever make me want to ever return. Need to update ac. Windows. Mini Refrigerator. And paint bathroom. ESP for the price, I think they can.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Nano1234
hospitality04609, General Manager at Wonder View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your review regarding your visit to the Wonder View. I apologize for the service not being up to par as this is what we truly take pride in. Regarding the physical aspects of the building, it is indeed an older complex but we are spending a significant amount of money to upgrade the property over a multi year term. The location, cleanliness and service are the key components.
If you would give us another chance should your your travel plans take you to Bar Harbor, I would be more than willing to give you a night of complimentary lodging to experience the improvements.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked at the Wonder View Inn for the night we were at Bar Harbour, based on other recommendations. However we were very disappointed. Yes indeed there was a view of the sea in the distance and I am sure the view from the recommended restaurant, where we did not dine, or the room on the upper level, could be very good.

The reception was pretty off hand, there were only plastic cups in the room with no tea or coffee making facilities, which were only available in the reception area from 0700 to 2100. No glasses for wine or beer were available other than in the restaurant.

The whole place a had fairly tired atmosphere. I would describe this as a very basic Motel and would not stay there agin nor would I recommend it.

Room Tip: We cannot give any tips as we did not see any other rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your visit to the Wonder View Inn. I deeply apologize for the issues that you pointed out. We are in the midst of a multi year improvement program as the recession winds down. I would like to offer you complimentary lodging for a night should your travel plans bring you back to Bar Harbor to experience the difference.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed in one of the higher level rooms, which had a fantastic view of the entire Bar Harbor bay. We never grew tired of watching it--esp. the cruise ships as they came and went. The hotel is located outside the hustle and bustle of Bar Harbor proper, and I think that is a benefit. The quiet for sleeping and relaxation was very welcome. The room was spacious, comfortable, and well equipped. We found the balcony a special plus. Also, as has been said, the Looking Glass Restaurant serves fantastic food (we preferred breakfast to dinner) with the same delightful view. Altogether, you could not ask for a better hotel in the Bar Harbor area.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, it is worth paying a little more for the higher level rooms--the views they have are magnificent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Wonder View Inn. You are correct as one never does get tired of the view. I marvel at it daily. As described the location of the Inn is one of the key elements of the property. I will also pass along your comments to our culinary team regarding your meals at the Looking Glass restaurant. We hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to New England.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our stay at Wonderview was a great bargain. Even in the less expensive rooms the view of the harbor was beautiful. The Looking Glass Restaurant offered a delicious breakfast with excellent service. Try the Eggs Benedict with lobster. I would stay at the Wonderview again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Wonder View Inn. The lobster benedict that you enjoyed was a very strong selling item this season indeed. Hopefully when your travel plans bring you back to Maine, we will be honored to serve you again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here while attending a photography workshop at Acadia National Park in October 2012, and this was a great place for us to stay at. It was minutes from downtown Bar Harbor and also just a few minutes away from the park. The room was clear and well kept, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room did not have a good view of the ocean, the next time I stay here I will request a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
TheBluenoseInn, Marketing at Wonder View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Wonder View Inn. Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park offer so many opportunities for photography and are quite a popular destination for visiting groups and classes. We appreciate you reviewing us on TripAdvisor and hope to see you again!