We've just returned from our annual trip to the Bar Harbor area of ME. For nearly 20 years, 2-3 weeks in a cottage at Edgewater has been an essential and wonderful part of the experience. The property is 5 minutes from Acadia National Park and 10 minutes from the town of Bar Harbor. The area is a summer tourist magnet, yet Edgewater, because of its location, offers a peaceful and secluded retreat from the bustle of the crowds. After a day of hiking or browsing the shops in town, there's nothing like sitting on your cottage's private porch overlooking Frenchmen's Bay. Whether you prefer the motel accommodations or your own cottage with kitchen and living area, each Edgewater residence has full view of the Bay. David and Jayne Bowden, owners and resident managers, are skilled at making their guests comfortable. The Bowden family has lived on the property for many generations and their pride in it and love of the area are evident. They offer their guests a wealth of information from the history of the area, to places to eat and activities available. We have already booked our return for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine