We have stayed at Edgewater each summer for several years. It's always been nice, but
this year we were pleasantly surprised to see that the owners have completely renovated
the rooms and updated them to being a little more modern. They did a beautiful job and
everything is new and nice, including a big flat screen TV.
There is a lovely deck to sit on and watch the water and boats. It is set back from
the main road so is quiet and peaceful.
The owners are friendly and accommodating. Beds are comfortable, and the
shower is wonderfully strong and plenty of hot water.
Close enough to Bar Harbor and Acadia Park to make it easy to leave the comfort of
this lovely place and experience the excitement of the town and park. But always a
pleasure to get "back home" to our little room with it's great sitting deck. We just love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine