We spent 8 nights at he complex. It was ideally located for us-about 15 minutes to Acadia and 25 minutes to Southwest & Northeast Harbor. Our 1st night was in a motel room. The room was newly renovated and right on the water. It was lovely. The Seaview Suite was then available and we stayed there for the remaining 7 nights. The suite was bright, roomy & tidy, but sorely needs updating. The beds were comfortable. The shower is quite slippery, so if you are unsteady on your feet, being your own bathmat. The proprietors were friendly and accommodating. Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine