My husband and I have been staying in one of the cottages for over 20 years. The owners live on the property and it is readily apparent that the units are more than rentals to them. The grounds are beautifully maintained - I love the profusion of irises that are in bloom in June. Each year, the Bowdens find ways to improve upon the experience. There is nowhere else on the island that we would stay. This is a dream location - for both the old and young at heart. When we first stayed at Edgewater we were into biking. Now we are avid kayakers. You can put your kayaks into the cove from any unit and then kayak all over Frenchman's Bay - to the Twinies and Thompson Island in one direction and to Hull's Cove and Bar Harbor in the other. There are different rates depending on the time of year -- we like June best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine