We stayed in the Seaview in mid May for 4 nights. Shared the accommodations with another couple. The place was recommended by a local that we know. Excellent recommendation!! The place was very quiet at night and has a great view of the cove. We got up early and took walks on the beach. We had a large kitchen that was well supplied. They gave us a lobster pot for the lobsters we made one night. The beds were comfortable and the shower hot. They have Wi-Fi and cable ( that we didn't watch) better to sit on the porch and watch the view. The people who run the place are very nice and accommodating. Less then 10 minutes from Bar Harbor but away from the madness. Wonderful place would definitely stay again.
P. S. Buy some lobsters and steamers from Parson's and cook them in the room. Cheaper, better, and more fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine