Realized after arrival that would have been a great mistake for us. If you want a real seaside experience away from all the busyness of Bar Harbor and traffic on highway 3, this is it. It's just a few miles to town and Acadia Nat'l Park, but light-years away from the chaos. The motel (a total of 8 units on 2 floors) and cottages are all located at water's edge on Salisbury Cove. We just spent eight nights in #26, one of the newly renovated (2013) motel rooms. It had a queen bed, complete kitchen, comfy sofa and lounge chair, and fireplace that burns dura flame logs you buy at the office. New inverter heat and a/c is quiet and efficient, good lighting, flat screen TV (although we never turned it on.) A three-paneled sliding glass door overlooked the balcony and bay. Lovely, peaceful & quiet. Cottages appear more vintage,but private, quaint and cozy. Walk the rocks at low tide or gaze at the scenery on a rainy day.. a very comfortable refuge after a day in the park. The owners and entire staff were helpful and accommodating. Grounds are beautifully landscaped and the rooms very clean. The wireless worked fine most of the time, however there were times we couldn't connect. We travel a great deal, staying in a variety of mid-range hotels. This one goes to the top of the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine