My husband and I spent a couple of nights at this motel the first weekend in May. The room we had, which was very spacious and very clean, had a king size bed, a recliner chair and a love seat which could be made into a single bed. We were on the second floor with a view of the ocean. (All of the rooms and cottages have an ocean view) The owner, David, was very friendly and helpful. As a lot of the businesses were still not open for the season in Bar Harbor, he gave us a book with the restaurants checked off that he knew for sure were open. It is located a short distance off of the main highway so was very quiet. Would certainly go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bar Harbor, Edgewater Motel and Cottages is an all waterfront property with many treasures. Only 2.5 miles from the entrance to Acadia National Park and just enough outside downtown Bar Harbor, allows easy accessibility to all points on Mount Desert Island. Our waterfront cottages, motel, and suites are all beautifully positioned on our private pebble beach nestled on a cove, offering much quiet and serenity after a long day of activity. Each of the selected accommodations are upscale-casual, warm, and inviting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Motel And Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Hotel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel Bar Harbor
- Edgewater Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine