“Worth a quick stop”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth a quick stop”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Free to review and taste different wines. The cranberry is an affordable unique wines for Thanksgiving/souveniers. Take advantage of the blueberry items from the area. We bought 2 bottles of their Cranberry and one bottle of Blueberry for about $50.60. We had tried the blueberry soda on a prior trip and it was delicious too.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank brendaChateaugay
bstevens1951, Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for stopping in. Hope you'll visit again when you're next in Acadia.

Winslow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were in the store for 17 minutes before a lady said a simple hello. We stood at the bar / tasting area and still no one asked if they could help us.

1 Thank RJV435
Plymouth, Michigan
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Bought full case + 3 more bottles (in Bar Harbor Location)”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

First, we were after the BlueBerry Soda. My son had a Blueberry Float at the Jordan Ponds Ice Cream Store down the road, which comes highly recommended as the best Ice Cream you will ever have. We found the location in downtown Bar Harbor, grabbed a few 6 packs of the soda and found the wine. Wine tasting, no cost which is a suprise as many places we have been have a fee if you do not buy. It was nice that we were able to to taste (and buy) the wine without driving all the way to the Winery. When we finally did find the Winery it was closed, so all purchases were at the Bar Harbor retail store location. I love wine, typically the dark reds and light sweeter summer wines. The BlueBerry - is THE BEST. Ended up with a full case of the Blueberry and 3 bottles of the Cranberry (second fav). The only problem with this wine is that you can sip away and before you know it, 1/2 bottle or so later wow, then it hits you. It is so good, I suggest using it as a cocktail, in those cute glasses serving on ice perhaps with a bit of mint thrown as it can be served Martini style. While a great wine, as I mentioned -- it is so good you can get ahead of yourself it you are a lightweight like I am. This is by far the best wine I have ever had, and wish I could order more when I run out, which will be rather soon. As we need to drive thru Canada to get home, we can't stock up.
They did have a very full selection, from dry table wine to the very sweet, so you may have a different fav. I should also mention the gal at the counter in Bar Harbor was very professional but down to earth, nice, kind and a great employee to have. Hopefully this Company is smart enough to hang onto her and treat her well, as you don't find many people like this. I run my own business and would be thrilled to have such an employee (the gal with the bit past shoulder length brown hair).

1 Thank myworldexperiences
New Braunfels, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Worth a Quick Stop”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stopped in here for a quick tasting and look around at the chocolate room. They were tasting a "flight" that was more on the sweet side. We mentioned that we were preferred a more dry wine and they were happy to offer us some other wines not on the days tasting list. Our favorite was the Blueberry which was surprisingly not to sweet. Happily purchased a bottle to go along with some yummy maine chocolate bars.

Visited July 2012
bstevens1951, Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to visit our winery in Bar Harbor, and delighted to hear you liked our blueberry wine. That has been our top selling wine this season. And glad that you discovered our Chocolate Room, which features chocolates from some of Maine's finest chocolate makers.
New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice but Tasting Needs Work”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A nice, clean facility with many good wines and other treats on sale. You can sample most anything you want to give you a better idea of what each wine is like. Maybe it was clear that I am no wine expert (I didn’t pretend to be), but I felt like the wine salesperson was being just a bit condescending. The topper came when I asked to sample a second type of wine. This was just poured into the same tasting glass ON TOP OF what was left of the previous sample. I am no sommelier, but I know that can’t be right.

Visited July 2012
bstevens1951, Manager at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I'm glad you had the opportunity to stop by the winery and sample some of our wine. If any of the staff spoke to you in a less than cordial and friendly manner, I offer an apology. We offer tastings to the whole range of customers, from wine novice to wine expert. All should be treated with friendliness and respect.
We do not, as a general rule, offer clean glasses after each sample. But we are happy to honor that request.
Thank you again for your visit, and your comments.