“Nice break from the crowds”
Review of Blaze

Blaze
Ranked #24 of 152 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed the selection they had on tap and tried one of the beer samplers. The pizza was delicious on a great thin crust. The service was great and the side patio provided a nice shaded spot for lunch.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food and great selections of drinks. The meatloaf with duck sauce was the best I've ever had.

A perfect night to sit outside. There are many dishes and drinks I want to go back and try.

The service was also very good. Overall a very enjoyable evening!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a hot day during happy hour. They have 34 types of beer on tap that were about 1/2 price between 4 and 5. They had a great selection of beers and the bartender was friendly. We didn't order any food although the menu looked good.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place looks like it's the trendiest place in town and talking to some of the locals it's the best bar scene in town. I was hesitant to eat here based on the yelp reviews about service and some comments about the pizza but we gave it a try and I'm glad we did. We actually called in a reservation and got right in when we arrived. They have a large beer selection so you can try a lot of local brews. My wife tried a local unfiltered cider called Downeast which was awesome if you like ciders. My wife had a pizza and she really liked it, I tried the goat cheese and mushroom stromboli and I would highly recommend it. I also tried the poutine since the reviews said they had good poutine here and they were right. I'd rank it up there with what I had in Montreal. The service was really good as well. We actually spoke to the owner, Matty, and he was a really nice guy. I mentioned the poor Yelp reviews and he agreed that when they first started it took awhile for the cooks to get used to the wood fire oven and that the town overall has an issue getting enough folks to work in their establishments (thus the reason you'll find a lot of eastern european folks working everywhere in town) so it took awhile to get people trained up. At any rate the place was great on our visit and I'd definitely recommend adding this place to your list of must eat places in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have eaten at Blaze several times, and it has always been good. The pizza and wings are very good. Great selection of adult beverages, for those who enjoy those sorts of things. Definitely recommend stopping, and eating outside on the patio if the weather cooperates.