“Nice Cozy Cottage”
Review of Rose Eden Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Rose Eden Cottages
Houlton, Maine
“Nice Cozy Cottage”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at Rose Eden on the 6th, 7th, and 8th of July, and could not have been more pleased! Our cabin was #6- The Garden. It has a nice kitchenette, complete with table& chairs, dishes, refrigerator, sink, hotplate, etc. The cabin was very clean, and the full size bed very comfortable. In back of the office is a small lobster pound, where one of the owner`s sons keeps it stocked daily with fresh caught lobster. Steam clams are bought fresh daily, along with crabs and mussels, and all seafood is cooked to order, with no cooking charge for the guests. I defy anyone to get better seafood than what they offer. Horse shoes for adults, and a playground for the kids makes it nice. Yes, If we vacation in Bar Harbor next year, we will definately make reservations at Rose Eden!.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank woodyplacks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My fiance and I along with our two adult children and two of their friends spent a long weekend at the Rose Eden cottages. Due to the size of our party, we rented two cabins, setup as a duplex with a connecting door, called the Lighthouse (Cottages 7 & 8). The cottages are rustic, but have more than enough amenities for most people. Each cottage had a stand-up shower in a basic bathroom. They are also equipped with a microwave, dorm-style fridge, coffee maker, and small (13 inch CRT) TV. The interiors are all Knotty PIne with hardwood floors, in keeping with the rustic theme. Nothing fancy but enough to keep you entertained during the evenings between adventuring. I read some complaints about road noise, but found none of it. The only noise of any kind was cars traveling about on the pea gravel driveway of the establishment. The property is fairly small and the cottages are close together, but we did not hear a peep from any nearby cabins, all of which were occupied. The property is pet friendly, which is nice. Unfortunately, these pets have pea brained owners who feel they don't need to clean up after their dogs. This is to be expected, as in general, people are lazy and inconsiderate, and has nothing to do with the owners. We dealt with both the husband and wife owners, and both were very kind and helpful. The cabins are right on Maine Rte. 3, the main road into Bar Harbor and Acadia. Both were within a few minutes of our cabin's doorstep. Overall, the stay here at Rose Eden Cottages was a great time and I would definitely recommend this property to anyone looking for a reasonable base of operations for any and all exploring on MDI.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband and I, along with our dog, stayed in cottage 6. It is very clean and cute inside with nice wooden floors. The kitchenette was great for breakfast and making a lunch to pack for our day's adventure. All the essentials were already there, including dish soap and a sponge! There's a small tv that helped us pass the time on our rainy days. There is a grill in the back which is great for dinnertime. A soda machine, laundry unit, and swingset are also onsite. A great plus were shelves in the bathroom. I could actually keep my toiletries IN the bathroom where I needed them, this rarely happens unless you stay at a hotel. Across the street is a road that leads to a dog friendly beach. I believe it is more of a boat launch kinda place, not a sand beach, lots of pebbles. I will definitely return to Rose Eden Cottages with our pup next time we visit Acadia and Bar Harbor:)

Room Tip: There are two larger cottages that I believe are weekly rentals in the back off the road. These loo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vacati0nl0ver123
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed two enjoyable nights in Cottage 4. The cottage was clean and just perfect for our needs. We were able to plan our Bar Harbor days out at the little table and cook dinner at the grill behind the cottage (there also was a nice, small kitchen in the cottage that sufficed for coffee, dishes, and also had a microwave). We even tried to stay 2 additional nights, but they were booked up. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I wanted something for a reasonable price that allowed pets and was close to Acadia, Bar Harbor, and Southwest Harbor. This was a good choice to fit those needs. It was pretty clean for the most part. The living room area was nice, but couch was old and uncomfortable. Kitchenette and bathroom were adequate but very dated and tiny. Since we didn't spend a whole lot of time there we really didn't mind those issues. I didn't think the owner was particularly friendly as other reviews had suggested. Not rude or anything,- just an absence of any concern or friendliness. For the price, pets and location it is a decent choice and I wouldn't 'not recommend'. One nice feature is that there is a convenient bus stop right across the street to take advantage of the free bus to the Acadia Visitor's Center or the Village Green.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank pamama2011
MA
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Rose Eden Cottages fit the bill for us. We were traveling with our three adult children, and was looking for more than a hotel. We rented #11, which has two bedrooms (one with a full bed and the other with a full and twin, and the couch pulls out as well). We rented for 5 days, and enjoyed the use not only of the full kitchen, but also the grill and picnic tables in the common area. We also liked that we didn't have to rent for a whole week, which is hard to come by. Negatives: not much to do on the property, but they do have a small playground. Can hear traffic on Rt. 3, but if the fans are on, it diminishes the sound, and cabins not close to the road would help, too. Positives: close to Acadia, clean, as well as what I mentioned before.

Room Tip: Web site pictures are accurate: look at what you really need.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed in 3 for couple of nights and 9 for our last night.

Cottage 3 has a small kitchenette with a couch next to the bed. the bed was too soft for my taste. There's not much room to walk around in because the kitchenette takes up the space of the cottage. It also has a small dining table in the bedroom/sitting area.

Cottage 9 (connected to 10) is more roomy because of the lack of kitchenette, but it does have a fridge and microwave. If you don't plan to cook at all, I would say stay in one of the connecting cottages. I liked 9 better because of the space and the bed is firmer. A small issue that came up was that we found wasps in the bathroom. I think we killed maybe 3 or 4. I have no idea where they came in - maybe through the bathroom window but it's screened (unless there's a hole somewhere I didn't see).

Both cottages were clean. Heat works perfectly. Towels were clean. Hank and Charlene are extremely friendly and helpful. Their children even help them out with the work at 'Traveling Lobster' (they sell/cook lobster behind the office/house). Also have to note that their lobster is awesome.

You could hear the traffic but the noises do drop at nighttime. It's a very quiet area - about 7 minutes from downtown I believe. Wifi is sparse - we had an okay connection at cottage 3, probably because it was closer to the house. But at 9, we barely had anything, which was fine anyway - we were tired from our day's trip and was just watching tv.

Highly recommended!