“Excellent choice!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Aysgarth Station Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 31 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
natrona heights, pa (slightly north of pittsburgh)
“Excellent choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, friendly B n B with great breakfasts. On a quiet street but an easy walk from restaurants, shopping, and the town shuttle system. It was a lucky find on our first visit but we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jupiter, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first time staying at a B and B and the first stop on our trip across Maine. I traveled with my youngest son (17 years old) for one last hiking trip (Acadia NP and Baxter SP) before college started.
We flew into Portland and took the scenic route to Bar Harbor and easily found the B and B with Steve’s directions. The B and B is located in town near all the restaurants and shops (walking distance) and very close to the entrance of Acadia (short drive). We arrived late and were greeted cheerfully by Steve who gave us the lay of the B and B and the town.
We stayed in the Hensley Room located right off the dining and sitting rooms. The room a good size (we weren’t in it much). The breakfast was very tasty (my son even ate the fresh fruit), filling, and different every morning. Jane is a great cook.
Both Jane and Steve made us feel very welcome and at home. They are a great resource if you have questions about attractions in the surrounding area (even suggested some great hiking trails in Acadia and for our continued trip north east). During one hike we got caught in a downpour and came back soaked. Jane went out of her way to take time and dry our clothes and offered some warm drinks. It’s the little things that count.
The accommodations, food and hosts really set the bar high for the remainder of our trip. Since we returned, I can say that I would highly recommend this B and B it was one of our favorites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nanuet, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Coming into Bar Harbor from 8+ hours away, my wife and I were exhausted from the journey. Steve humored us by confusion-he could see we were obviously tired. We were then greeted by Jane, who also joined in the fun. We shared some laughs, which was delightful despite our delirium! I was astonished that Steve brought our bags in for us, usually it'd take us a couple of trips to the car, and we were grateful for the help. I have to say that Jane's sumptuous breakfast offerings were top notch. The accommodations were befitting for a lovely old house- three floors of finely detailed rooms, each with antique furnishings- making their abode a wonderful throw-back to simpler times. Although they do not have television sets anywhere in the house, it makes afternoons a time to pause and reflect.(I really didn't miss the TVs anyway!) They also have quite a book collection, as well as a variety of magazines and periodicals pertaining to the local history. The two of them were gracious hosts, opening their doors to island explorers. Steve & Jane- thank you for the true island experience!

Room Tip: Each bedroom has its own A/C unit, which cannot be heard from other areas of the house. We had the r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and i spent 4 nights with Jane and Steve and would go back in a heartbeat. The rooms and beds were clean, spacious and comfortable and Jane's breakfasts were a culinary delight. And they were both fonts of knowledge for good places to eat, things to do and places to go.

Now I'll list the negatives............ Nope, can't think of any.

1 Thank DiveDog13
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was running a half marathon in Bar Harbor in early June and decided to revisit Aysgarth Station. A great in-town location, off-street parking, and friendly, informative hosts (Jane and Stephen) who go out of their way to make sure you have the best time possible while on Mount Desert Island, all make this my favorite place to stay (when its available!).
The rooms are all comfortable and breakfasts are superb. There are other little perks that aren't always available at all B&B's, such as offers to pack a lunch if you're going out early and will miss breakfast. When I booked the room and I mentioned that I was running the half marathon, I was told that they could set up something for me before I had to leave for the race.
I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gloversville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We found this B&B about 10 years ago and have made it part of every trip that brings us to Bar Harbor--this year, we even planned our trip, in part, just to go back and stay there again.
The entire inn is nicely furnished in some interesting themes. The rooms are pleasantly appointed, the beds exceptionally comfortable, and the atmosphere is one of total relaxation. It's all to easy to sit in the living room, strike up a conversation with other guests or the hosts, and lose track of time entirely--yeah, it's that comfortable! Getting away from the breakfast table is equally difficult.
The breakfasts are always interesting and tasty--some combinations we've never seen before--and if you don't like the offering of the morning, there's always some options for you. Though they list the breakfast from 8-9 AM, they'll adapt to your needs if they can. The morning coffee, by the way, is strong, bold and full of flavor. For later in the day, they have a Keurig or similar machine so you can have a fresh, hot cup if you want one.
Steve and Jane are wonderful innkeepers. They have a great knowledge of the area and its many attractions and are always ready with a tip for a favorite restaurant. They will go well out of their way to accommodate your needs.
Our visits are about every three or four years and we've seen some upgrading on each visit; always in keeping with the decor--nothing out of place. They're on top of maintenance issues--we've never seen anything obviously in need of repair.
And then there are the cats. If you like--or even tolerate--cats, their two felines add to the ambiance; they really think that they run the place.
All in all, this is the best B&B we've ever stay in. The price is reasonable considering the area and the only reason we'd ever not stay there is if they're booked up.

Room Tip: We prefer the second floor and my wife is partial to Whitly because of the abundance of light in the...
2 Thank BillP1215
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were making a northeast trip and needed a place to stay in Bar Harbor,ME so I checked Tripadvisor as usual. Again, I was 100% satisfied with my choice of Aysgarth Station. Very nice, well kept, comfortable room with really nice hosts. We only stayed for 1 night and had to leave early the next morning so wasnt able to stay for breakfast. Jane was so sweet and packed us togo bags for our morning trek. When we come back to Maine, we will definetly stay there again!
Thanks to Jane and Steve for being so nice and accomadating to us. Thanks for the great recommendation to Red Fox at our next stop. It was so good!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Chatsworth room. Very nice with jacuzzi tub. Big Bathroom with a deck off the room.