The location is perfect, the staff was very friendly and the building was beautiful and clean.
For nearly $400/n room I was a little disappointed by the 'Island View' room - Although you can see the island it's not nearly the focal point. The room overlooks the parking lot and the island is off to your right.
Overall the room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed having the balcony.
Tried the restaurant for both dinner & breakfast, both meals were delicious but service at dinner was far better than what we experienced at breakfast. During breakfast we sat for a while w/ empty coffee cups and within 2 minutes of receiving our food they dropped the bill at our table.
Loved the pool and more-so the drink service at the pool. Our first afternoon the waitress was outstanding, she was super attentive and friendly. Day 2 was a different waitress who seemed less than thrilled and payed more attention to organizing empty tables than her customers.
The chairs around the pool were great and the area was kept clean.
Despite a few service hiccups and the lack of view we really enjoyed our stay here and will likely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina