We've been here for five nights in June with our little six-month old. Had great service and help for the room to be adapted for the baby. Took an oceanview room with kitchenette that even had a dishwasher which was really useful for us. View was great, hotel grounds are really nice. Both pools and jacuzzis have nice view and are well maintained. They are nicely heated so it's possible o use them even if it can get quite cold in Bar Harbor.
The hotel's restaurant is nice and reasonable value. Servings are WAY too large, can eat for two on most single plates... Breakfast package you can book with the room is really good value.
The rooms are pricey. They do charge everybody with the 25$ resort fee. It wasn't a surprise for us since it is written everywhere when you check the rooms on their website and they told us when we booked.
Staff was really friendly with us. Had a good time there for five days. If you get nice weather, there is a lot to do outdoors. Whale watching/puffin and seabirds cruises were especially fun(if you don't get seasick). Acadia park is nice but very crowded. Cadillac mountain summit is a must-do.
To summarize, a nice resort, probably one of the most upscale in Bar Harbor, but you get the high-end price too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina