“Highly Recommended!”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Scottsville, New York
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed here on the last few nights of my honeymoon w/ my wife. We couldn't believe how affordable it was for such a nice place. The rooms were recently remodeled and it's even got flat screens and HD tv!
It's just outside of the more touristy part of town but still walking distance to all the action. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gorham Maine
Reviewed August 31, 2010

My wife and I just got back from Bar Harbor, and this is where we spent four nights. You can see right away when you drive in to the motel parking area that the owners really take good care of their motel. Freshly paved and lined parking lot surrounded by nice lawn areas with beautiful flower arrangements. There is also a very nice pool that is spotless! The rooms are super clean with nice furnishings. For us, this was a great find, as we like to walk in to town and leave our car at the motel. It is less than half a mile to the center of town. We will DEFINITELY be staying here when we go back.

Townsend, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Recently rebuilt. The rooms were big, clean quiet. The staff we met (owner) was extremely helpful and pointed us at good places to go or to eat as well as the places to avoid. The pool was heated and clean.
Overall a wonderful experiance

Bath, Maine
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I've stayed at Crowell Harbor Motel several times and have always been very satisfied and comfortable. The cleanliness of the rooms, and the comfort of them have been welcomed. Jan and John are local people and have always maintained a high standard. This is a motel without the bells and whistles that take more of your money. Try it, you'll like it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We have family in Bar Harbor and usually visit at least twice a year, but this was in season and our usual place was renting by the week. We choose this motel because we had noticed it was being remodeled and enlarged, and because it was well located for visiting with our grandchildren. We had a family room (maybe the only one?) with a queen bed and two twins for the kids. It was quite spacious with a microwave and a small refrig. The room was ground floor and had a porch in the front. The biggest attraction was the heated pool that was super clean and that we often had to ourselves. The location at the far end of busy Main street made it quiet. I would stay there again. They charge $10 a head for over two which I am not used to paying with the chains, etc but Bar Harbor has a very short season and in Summer it can be crowded and expensive. Other than the pool there isn't much for the kids, but there are nice lawns, and beautiful planting.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I have traveled to Bar Harbor every year for many years and this is my favorite place to stay in town. I keep economy in mind when I travel so I am sure there are much fancier places to stay, but it will cost you. This is the best bang for your buck in town. It is within walking distance of town but not so close you have to deal with the night life of the town itself. The grounds are well maintained and there is a outdoor pool. The older section of the motel was torn down last fall and has been replaced with a brand new 2-story addition which appears to be quite nice but I am not sure if it is quite complete yet, but should be ready very shortly if not. Enjoy your stay here, and take the money you save and spend it on yourself. This is the place I recommend to my equally economic minded friends.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Fryeburg, Maine
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Gave me a room I requested, I'm a light sleeper & don't like to be near guests with kids.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends