All reviews shuttle service cookies on demand free shuttle bay view every afternoon in town hot dish rooms are large fresh fruit oatmeal frenchman bay the entire staff acadia national park third floor baked goods no elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2019

We stayed at the newly remodeled Bayview while we were hiking in Acadia National Park. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The food was delicious - great free breakfast each morning was the perfect start to our day. There is a free shuttle into Bar Harbor which was perfect for dinner each night. The view of the bay was incredible; I'd highly recommend posting up on the balcony for amazing sunset views. We weren't in our room much, but it was definitely enjoyable when we were.

Room tip: get a room with a view of the bay!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Trish04609, Support Staff at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2019

Thank you! It sounds like you were here when the weather was beautiful too! It is amazing how the water is just a stone’s throw away. Glad you took some time out of your schedule to relax on the balcony. Like a win win, start with a great breakfast and end with the sunset. Now that is what I call a wonderful vacation! Thanks again!

Reviewed June 12, 2019

This was my second time visiting Bar Harbor, but my first stay at the Bayview. Needless to say I won’t be staying anywhere else again! From the minute I pulled down the private road, I felt like I was leaving earth & entering HEAVEN! The views of the water are just stunning! I could have just sat on my balcony & never left! That’s how peaceful I felt when I was there! My only complaint is that I had to leave & go home. Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful place to visit! I can’t wait to come back! & thank you to the staff who made me & my family feel like we were at home. BEST STAY EVER!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Trish04609, Support Staff at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you! It is magical to drive in and see the water right there! We are so close to everything yet in our own little world down on the shore. As I was reading your review I saw that dreaded little word "complaint" and read on to find out it wasn't us at all! Life does sometimes get in the way of relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet. We are glad we were able to make you feel like you were at home and find a little bit of heaven at the same time! Thank you for staying with us and please come again!

Reviewed June 11, 2019

The Bayview Hotel...a superb experience!

A lovely hotel with a charming ambiance, beautiful décor, and a breathtaking view on Frenchman's Bay; the surroundings speak for themselves. We were occupying a large room on the first floor with a bathroom perfectly appointed for wheel chair accessibility. The staff is very attentive --- kindhearted; and 'le petit déjeuner' is most flavourful --- something for all tastes. In brief, it is excellent on all accounts: cleanliness, comfort, location, personnel, and the best way to describe it is that
it is a perfectly relaxed place - a friendly and cozy little hotel - a jewel.
Oh, how I wish I could go back to The Bayview, (my place of choice) but I shall, one day!
Louise M, British Columbia, Canada

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Trish04609, Support Staff at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Thank you for a superb review and the excellent on all accounts! We are happy to know that our accessible room worked well for you and had everything you needed. It is so important to be comfortable and well taken care of when you are traveling. I will do the same as you and respond "in brief"! Thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to that one day that you do return!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

The Bayview was perfect for our recent stay in Bar Harbor. This 26-room hotel has beautiful big rooms, 75 feet from Frenchman’s Bay. The staff here is absolutely lovely and they went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Nice little touches were available such as cookies and tea in the afternoon and peppermint patties at the front desk. The complimentary buffet breakfast with two hot breakfast options was fantastic! Their shuttle service to and from town makes everything easily accessible and the drivers couldn’t have been nicer. We so thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Can’t wait to come back!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Trish04609, Support Staff at The Bayview, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Thank you! We are so glad that your stay with us was perfect for you. We can't do any better than that! The little touches you mentioned like the treats and the breakfast are always at the top of the list and Nora continues to bring smiles. Greg, Orlando and Al are great and they know their way around town which makes it so much easier for our guests to relax and enjoy. Thank you again for the "perfect" review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

A really comfortable, friendly, welcoming hotel. Comfortable beds, tasty breakfast, and views to die for from the rooms. Helpful and friendly staff made our stay a great one. Unreservedly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you very much! We truly appreciate your description of the Bayview Hotel. It is nice to know that what you experienced on the inside is in keeping with the views on the outside! We hope to welcome you again!