We have a family of five, so traveling can be expensive and difficult. It is not easy to find a hotel to accommodate us comfortably at a reasonable price. The Bayview family room was large enough for us. If we were staying for longer than a few nights, I would probably consider the town houses. The staff was incredibly helpful. They directed us toward several restaurants and helped us with our visit to Acadia. The shuttle to town was really handy, as parking is difficult to manage down there. The afternoon desserts and the breakfast was a high light. My kids ran in the door every afternoon to grab a cookie or whoopie pie. We had a cream cheese blueberry french toast for breakfast one day that was to die for. My son remarked on the banana bread, "It tastes just like Nana's." Trust me, very high praise. The rooms are not sophisticated in decor, but are extremely comfortable and very clean. They all overlook the water. We really enjoyed our deck each evening. I would certainly recommend The Bayview and would return in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personalized friendly service, peaceful and quiet setting, spectacular views, close to downtown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Spacious oceanfront hotel rooms with balconies, some family friendly, or larger two and three bedroom townhomes and house. Expanded continental breakfast, pool, shuttle service, fresh baked cookies, lounge and limited wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your The Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bayview Bar Harbor
- Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- The Bayview Bar Harbor, Maine