“Simple but Very Nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Hampton, Virginia
“Simple but Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

We booked two family rooms at the Bayview for two nights in June 2008. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient and our rooms were very clean and nice. Each room had a balcony overlooking the water and a pull out sofa. The hotel provides free shuttle service into Bar Harbor which was great, and everyone we met at the hotel was kind and ready to assist in any capacity you could think of. Breakfast was well presented and offered plenty of options including hot oatmeal, cold cereal, assorted muffins and breads, a hot entree, yogurt and fresh fruit. There was always hot coffee, hot chocolate and tea available. Our rooms were $148 a night, and seemed like a bargain. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Mom45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

Just the best ... food ... service ... staff ... room ...location and all at a very reasonable price .. We look forward to going back to Bar Harbor and definately will be staying at the Bayview !!!!!

• Liked — very spacious room
  • Disliked — no fridge
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TOWNSHIPTRAVELBOY
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed at the Bayview for our anniversary, and it didn't disappoint. The view was spectacular from our room. The room itself was clean, appealing and spacious. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We took advantage of the shuttle to town to avoid the insanity of parking during the holiday.

I must emphasize how wonderful the food was. Breakfast was amazing. A combination of hot and cold choices, with fresh, homemade pastries. Delicious! And fresh cookies greeted us every afternoon, which were too yummy to turn down.

I would recommend this inn to absolutely anyone. If we find ourselves in Maine again, I would love to return.

• Liked — The food
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank TexasElly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2008

We were staying at the Holiday Regency and had such rudeness from the management we decided to go down the street and checked into the Bayview Inn. The management was extremely friendly, the rooms spotless as well as a beautiful view of the ocean. We went down to a complimentary breakfast and to our surprise they came around and took our order for bacon,eggs and hash brown potatoes as well as the buffet bar of rolls, juice and such. We found all they advertise to be true. Wish we had found this place when we first arrived in Bar Harbor.

M Bowers, Danville, KY

• Liked — friendly,clean,view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mamawbo
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

What a wonderful place! Our spacious room was beautifully decorated, the view across the water was lovely, and the breakfasts were delicious! The staff was outstanding -- Jen, Judy & Debbie, Trish, Al, Sue, Laura, and Nora (I undoubtedly forgot someone....forgive me!!) -- and they worked together in a friendly and cheerful manner which made their guests feel welcomed and comfortable. We'll hope to return some day!
Dale & Jay Stine

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Exmoor
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2007

It was unseasonably warm in late Sept. when I checked in to the Bayview. My room A/C was not working and I was uncomfortably warm. There was a fan in the closet and the outside air was cooler than the room that eve. so I was opening the door to the balcony to blow fresh air into the room. When I reported the problem to the staff, they did not have another room available in the main hotel. They called the owner who offered to transfer me to the sister property, The Atlantic Oaks, or to move me in to one of the townhomes at no additional charge. A pleasant bellman took me to the townhomes via golfcart but the one we looked at had a strong chemical cleaning smell and I have asthma and am very sensitive to chemical odors. I opted to stay in the original room which was very nice other than the temperature. The desk staff loaned me their fan so I could have one blowing on me and one blowing in cool outside air.

While I was sightseeing the next day, the maintenance man had replaced the wall airconditioner with a new unit that worked just fine. I think that the willingness of the staff to make alternative arrangements for me and troubleshoot the problem shows that this hotel is well managed and a fine place to stay. The carpet was the nicest that I have ever encountered in a hotel. Breakfast was very good as well. I would highly recommend the Bayview as a quiet, beautiful hotel with a great view.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank IowaHawkgirll
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2007

The Bayview provided a quiet setting set back on a beautiful lot from the noise and bustle of the main roads. The spacious room had the intimate feel of a country inn with a private balcony facing the bay. Very friendly and accommodating staff - great breakfasts.

Stayed September 2007